Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

are the washer jets on the fiesta mist or jet? i think some one changed them to mist so they must e jets???

I've changed mine from jets to most type must have cost me £6-£7 for the pair and fitted in under ten minutes. Gives a far better distribution!

Do you know if the Air Deflector / Spoiler will fit without the dressup

Yes it will but im sure it would look out of place without the body kit :(

Also think it will ook out of place

LOOKS nice in those rims. do you mind saying how much you paid for the 4? cause i asked my dealer and told me 600€ for one rim

Retail pris in DK is 335€ for one rim. incl. 25% danish VAT.

My dealer offered me the rim incl Bridestone Potenza RE050 and nuts for the same price. If I wanted csc5 he asked for 125€ extra per wheel, so I desided to try the RE050 :)

I had to wait about two weeks for the silver version. The dark grey they could deliver from day to day.

Yes it will but im sure it would look out of place without the body kit :(

Also think it will ook out of place

you've probably right :(

Hi all - I've been watching this thread for a few months now so thought I'd drop a message to say I ordered my Zs a few weeks ago and to also thank every one who's contributed to this thread, it's been really helpful when deciding what to order!

The car should be getting built at the end of July & I've asked for a 1st September delivery.

Spec

1.0 Ecoboost 125ps

Nautical Blue

17" Alloys

Privacy Glass

EATC

Automatic Headlights & Wipers

Sat Nav & DAB

Can't wait!

You will love it, my friend has a 3.0 jag X type and was very inpressed, and now that l have a few more miles on the clock (1,300) the MPG seems to be better, 44 around town mid 50's on a run.

You will love it, my friend has a 3.0 jag X type and was very inpressed, and now that l have a few more miles on the clock (1,300) the MPG seems to be better, 44 around town mid 50's on a run.

Great, that MPG does sound good. I'll be looking at doing about 15k a year mileage, 10k motorway so that sort of MPG will seriously help my bills.

People would say Diesel would be the better option for the mileage I do but I wanted the power - so went for the 1.0!

Great, that MPG does sound good. I'll be looking at doing about 15k a year mileage, 10k motorway so that sort of MPG will seriously help my bills.

People would say Diesel would be the better option for the mileage I do but I wanted the power - so went for the 1.0!

I'm not knocking the 1.0 at all, I would have gone for it in a Fiesta if I hadn't wanted a Focus so much, but the 1.6 95PS diesel is a great engine in the Fiesta,

Same torque as the 125PS. :)

I'm not knocking the 1.0 at all, I would have gone for it in a Fiesta if I hadn't wanted a Focus so much, but the 1.6 95PS diesel is a great engine in the Fiesta,

Same torque as the 125PS. :)

But its still going to be a smelly derv ;)

Took my current mk7 ZS a drive down some lanes last night to drop someone off at work, Really bought a smile to my face :D just how great it handles and how nippy it is down the lanes really makes me love the ZS even more..so from what people have said about the new one being better if i end up getting one i know i'll be very happy! ^_^

Hi Guys

This thread has been such a good read i must say :)

Ordered my Race Red fiesta Zetec last week and the ETA is end of June but i am hoping that it will be here sooner!

Hi Guys

This thread has been such a good read i must say :)

Ordered my Race Red fiesta Zetec last week and the ETA is end of June but i am hoping that it will be here sooner!

It would be great going if it only takes a month to get your car, mine took best part of 10 weeks, due to delivery hold ups from Fords to the dealer, but hopefully they will have sorted that now, good luck.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum,

Ordered my Zetec S 1.0 EcoBoost 125PS in Midnight Sky end of may. Got word that the expected delivery dealership date is 29th June. So I wanted to know what is the time I'm looking at between the dealership getting it, and them delivering it to me (which btw I have no option to pick up they said we will deliver)

I've been reading this post for about a month now, and I finally need an outlet to say IM SO EXCITED HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH. Sorry for my outburst.

Quick question, to people recently receiving their ZS, has the sport pedal issue been sorted and have yours come with sports pedals.

CHEERS EVERYBODY :) :) :) :)

Got mine a couple of months ago & it came with the sports pedals already fitted :)

null.jpg

Got mine a couple of months ago & it came with the sports pedals already fitted :)

null.jpg

Ahhh your a star! Cheers fella.

How does the dash feel? And whats it like on a day to day basis, you know answering calls using an ipod all those things. Any negative things for me to bear in mind?

Overall it's great, the only real 'negative' is the sync system isn't (IMO) as good as fords old system & doesn't seem to work properly anyway.

Hi I've not been on here for ages now but I have the 1.6 TDCI (95) Zetec S from March 28th 2012 so had it 15 months now, all I can say its been a great car. Last week I drove from Sheffield to Eastbourne and went M1-M25-A22 and averaged 68 mpg doing 65-70 on the motorways and 50-60 on the A roads, when I got there filled up and had covered 268 miles and it cost just 21 pounds to re fill.

I'm going to change it when it is 2 years old and although this 1.0 125bhp sounds great as I understand it will still be spinning at 3500 rpm at 70mph compared to the diesel 2500 rpm and I doubt it will have the relaxed feel of the diesel engine to drive, I can usually change at 1500 rpm and there is no need to be revving the engine all the time. Another thing is engine life, the stresses must be much greater to extract 125 bhp out of a 1.0 3 cylinder engine, where the diesel 1.6 engine is 95 bhp and 4 cylinder has to be more relaxed and on top of its job. Finally there is the economy, before I bought the 1.0 I would want to take it out on a test drive and compare it on the same route and like for like driving as the diesel, from what I've read on here up to now you guys are struggling to get 46 mpg on an average drive my diesel is returning 58 to 60 mpg, I know petrol is less expensive so that would bring the figures closer......

So share your thoughts with me on this please I'd appreciate it........ Thanks.

For me it would depend on the type of driving you do, if its lots of a roads and town work then petrol all the way, if however you cover at least 15k and its all on a motorway then go for diesel. Both cars have a completely different driving style although the ecoboost will have low down torque similar to the tdci.

Durability wise, I would take a petrol any day, diesels have too many things that go wrong with them and for me the 1.6 tdci (2008 focus) is one of the worst. I've switched our fleet to vw as there diesels are generally better, anything spending its life in town is now petrol powered. I wouldn't worry about the 1.0 no lasting, ford would have covered more miles and given it new abuse than you ever could ;)

Maleforce, the Ecoboost sits at 2,500rpm at 70 the same as the 1.6 diesel. Relaxed cruiser it is as the engine drifts into the background.

Don't know where this thing comes from where people are saying the Ecoboost has to be revved to get performance from it or its stressed out, don't think Ford would put it on sell if they had doubt on it and it has just won the sub 1.0l engine and engine of the year award again. The formula Ford puts out over 200bhp with the same engine but with the 1.6 ecoboost's turbo.

I have mine since January and I can change gear from 1,500rpm too and ride the turbo boost. It'll never get what Ford say it will as it is driven in the real world and not in a lab, but I'm impressed with what it can do and the economy it returns compared to my old 1.25

When you slam your foot down in 1st or 2nd, at what rpm does the turbo kick in, and can you feel it?

Does anyone know where can I find nice and sporty tailpipe ending (muffler) for my Zetec S Fiesta? :-) Just don`t wanna cut anything (bumber etc), just want to fit "out from the box". And imho there is some place ready in the bumber to fit one.

Just wanna fit one of these: http://new.ulter.com.pl/offer/endings/double . It seems that they do not have dedicated for Fiesta :(

• Like 1

Maleforce, the Ecoboost sits at 2,500rpm at 70 the same as the 1.6 diesel. Relaxed cruiser it is as the engine drifts into the background.

Don't know where this thing comes from where people are saying the Ecoboost has to be revved to get performance from it or its stressed out, don't think Ford would put it on sell if they had doubt on it and it has just won the sub 1.0l engine and engine of the year award again. The formula Ford puts out over 200bhp with the same engine but with the 1.6 ecoboost's turbo.

I have mine since January and I can change gear from 1,500rpm too and ride the turbo boost. It'll never get what Ford say it will as it is driven in the real world and not in a lab, but I'm impressed with what it can do and the economy it returns compared to my old 1.25

Thanks Mick78, your info was really useful,

I know with the old zetec petrol it was 3500 at 70, however if the new 1 litre is 2500 at 70 mph thats probably enough for me to sway me to the petrol away from the diesel I own now, I am doing about 12000 miles a year mostly urban trips of 7 miles and the occasional longer journey. Having said that it is important to me for the car to be quiet at cruising speeds as well as economical on my daily run, I must admit I'm looking forward to my next new fiesta but I can't see the point of changing until its 2 years old so just 9 months to go LOL sounds like im expecting :)........ So what is your average MPG with the 1.0 125 bhp Zetec S

Had my ecoboost since march now im getting 41mpg which isnt bad as its all around town.

Anyone know how i can better that? In terms of what point people are changing gears? I found that in first soon as you get to 1000 revs an try changing its a bit hard on the engine.

I just dont want to be changing too soon and doing damage to the car.

Currently getting 44-48 around town with just 3,000 miles, could see this going up to low-mid 50's with longer runs

I change gear at 2,500-3,000rpm. Give it a bit more revs once its warmed up to hear the turbo whoosh