Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

according to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Digital_Audio_Broadcasting.svg

we are (in france) in the trial phase lol.

So i guess not, how would i know on my car if i had it?

and whats the benefit of it?

Being non-UK is yours supposed to have DAB?

any idea on how i have it working?

according to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Digital_Audio_Broadcasting.svg

On my Focus, it has DAB written on the tip of the antenna as they are different for FM only and DAB cars, could always check that. Although I'm not 100% if they do the same on the Fiesta.

I was interested in that when i bought my Fiesta. Ive got Sony radio, but DAB is not present in my audio setting. Probably depends on country car is shipped.

thanks for reply, i will get photos up and the end of the day when home from work. I have pressed the radio button but no dab comes up only fm, dont undertand why

Thanks again

Nathan

To confirm, the method I mentioned earlier (keep on pressing the radio button to scroll through FM>MW>DAB1>DAB2 etc) works in my car.

Sounds like you either have a fault or DAB is not installed. Are you sure you spec'd it with DAB?

To confirm, the method I mentioned earlier (keep on pressing the radio button to scroll through FM>MW>DAB1>DAB2 etc) works in my car.

Sounds like you either have a fault or DAB is not installed. Are you sure you spec'd it with DAB?

tried tis several times and still no DAB there, i did opt for DAB when i ordered he car.

Will have to ring them and see what they can do about it

tried tis several times and still no DAB there, i did opt for DAB when i ordered he car.

Will have to ring them and see what they can do about it

As Dave 2912 said...

But if you are not getting dab1 and dab2 on the selection then ford have built your car without it!!!!

The standard radio is just a cd with fm/am radio and 6 Speakers, the DAB optional factory extra is £100.00, if you asked for it and there is proof on your order form, or the salesman you dealt with backs you up you have a good argument. But that is only the tip of the iceberg, it will involve then getting a dab radio unit (the bit behind the fascia, maybe upgrading the display screen, they will need to replace the antenna and base unit, and install a dab module that fits to the rear of the car.

The worst bit is they have to ENABLE the dab on the cars brain or it simply won't work. So if they download the cars spec file of all functional items/options for your car it will automatically not select dab. It's a pain but like i said if the dealers back you up 100% you could get it done.

The alternative is they take the car back after sourcing/ordering you another one to the right spec, i would check to see if you paid for the upgrade, it's £100 for the dab radio and £500 for the Sat Nav dab radio, only 2 options available for Zetec S.

Hope that helps..

Hi from a Newbie.

Brought a white Zetec S.

spare wheel

rear center headrest

black out windows.

Should be picking it up early November. Been reading this topic for a few weeks now, sounds like a great car, cant wait to get it.

Just picked mine up. Loving it ;-)

Only negative, can't get texts to display despite having one of the biggest selling mobiles (S3). Salesman suggested it would display.

any tips DAN222? appreciate any help.

According to ETIS Database your car doesn't have dab.

I've had now since June, worst mpg 38, best mpg 54.3, any negatives? None whatsoever, I still climb in with a silly grin. Sync works as it should on my Xperia S, although the text side is a "no go" (not bothered about that)

Here's my 'beasts' spec.....

New Race Red Zetec S

1ltr 125ps engine

Full leather

Sat nav

17" alloys

City pack

Privacy glass

Heated seats

Front & rear mats

Zero Road tax

Full bodykit

49fb982b5dabc2bdeac8673da5189cc0.jpg

37f44212cb0a08d90f81d9fcec26a3fe.jpg

61775c6c61e09a09a8c4de869094b49c.jpg

2b8c2702fb86d305c6fb52287f4d43f9.jpg

20130925_114459.jpg

20130925_114448.jpg

3538fd85c792f8f8288fb9964c977fb0.jpg

Hope you like ;)

Nice Terry!!!

How are them alloys for cleaning between the small gaps in the spokes?

Nice Terry!!!

How are them alloys for cleaning between the small gaps in the spokes?

No problems, I use a soft alloy wheel brush with wonder wheels, brush on, rinse of.

I've given it a pre winter detail, claying & applying carnoubra wax. It's been a long time since I'd done some 'proper' valeting, forgot what hard work it was :)

Would really recommend not using wonder wheels.

I used to use it until it ate the centre badges on my fiesta and I started to read all the problems it can cause being so caustic.

I use billberry now.

I used to use it until it ate the centre badges on my fiesta and I started to read all the problems it can cause being so caustic.

I use billberry now.

Cheers for that info, I'll look into getting some billberry then.

I use billberry now.

+1 for the bilberry

I apply bilberry and brush lightly then apply snowfoam and brush slightly more aggressively.

No problems, I use a soft alloy wheel brush with wonder wheels, brush on, rinse of.

I've given it a pre winter detail, claying & applying carnoubra wax. It's been a long time since I'd done some 'proper' valeting, forgot what hard work it was :)

I'm leaving my pre winter detail till the end of the month then applying some collonite #945 it should see us through to March no problem. :D

Someone was on about the possible addition of cruise control to an Ecoboost ZS, maybe iNath? Any idea if this has been done yet ?

Someone was on about the possible addition of cruise control to an Ecoboost ZS, maybe iNath? Any idea if this has been done yet ?

Not possible yet :( not looking promising either.

Not possible yet :( not looking promising either.

Gutted :( why ford don't offer this option is beyond me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club