Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

European parts has a ST diffuser on there for £125 anyone know any cheaper? I may see if anyone has written any off yet lol.

For anyone that's interested here's how a mongoose exhaust looks with the standard facelift ZS rear (no cutting required)post-41938-0-60366200-1387148231_thumb.j

Can still remove the original diffuser and colour code the lower part to match the paint. Might photoshop it tomorrow and see of it looks good

How do they sound with the exhaust changed? I'm a fan of the standard sound but I fancy changing it

If you search youtube for "Stephen Dagnall new after" you'll find a video clip of how mine sounds with the exhaust but before the induction kit & remap.

Never had any issues over speed bumps with the exhaust , I do find the front end catches on big ones though?!? The only thing I really noticed that often catches are the rear mudflaps down the father in laws steep driveway.

Hi all,

Im new to these forums, im currently an owner of a Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI.

However im going to my local ford garage in the morning to look at and configure a Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 Ecoboost for myself.

Im looking forward to buying the car as the reviews have been great apart from the MPG which will still be an improvement on my current car.

Anyway can anyone give me any advice on what Additional Extras I should be getting. Im interested in the Deep Impact blue paint and the convenience pack (keyless entry, push button start, etc...) what over extras did you guys buy which you advise, do the 17" alloys make a massive difference to the car?

Hi Billy

Welcome to the forum.

I went for DAB, Convenience Pack (Keyless entry, power start, folding mirrors), automatic air conditioning & privacy. I stayed with the 16's but I agree that the 17's look better. I came from a fabia vrs where the ride quality was shocking.

The ride quality and handling are great on the 16's but it might be worthwhile to get a test drive with 17's on so that you can make an informed decision.

Whatever you choose though its a cracking car. MPG will improve I am getting 40mpg at the moment but the engine has only 250 miles on the clock.

Tony

Well ive been to the garage and Ive seen a titanium version with allot of extras for a great price... Im still liking the styling of the zetec s but with the titanium im getting allot more for allot less, I guess I could always add a sports suspension and lower the car.

The Titanium ive seen has Convenience Pack and 17" alloys and the red looks great.

Ive got allot to decide :)

I must admit it looks a great car

I got the 17"s , tinted windows and spare wheel. I had parking sensors fitted at the dealership. (Mine was already built but not allocated when I bought it) otherwise would have had the pack with the sensors fitted at build. To be fair the fiesta comes with good kit on it already, some people have had problems with sync, but after connecting your phone / iPod and a little playing around with it at first, its been great since and the voice commands recognise what I say 9/10 times . As said above MPG does increase over time I'm at 5k now and getting really good figures on runs on the motorway, of course this time of year the mpg drops a bit as its about 3-5 degrees where I am, but still very good overall. + the engine noise/ turbo sounds great when you give it a bit of juice :)

billyp92 have you thought about getting the titanium with the dress up kit? cheaper than adding the extras onto a ZS.

Well the titanium I've seen today as the full body kit :) I'm actually considering purchasing it now and then just possible lower it, I might barter with them and see if they will throw the springs in for me

I got the titanium but i'm not sure if it has the same options as you guys.
Few of my options: keyless entry & keyless start, automatic airco, parkingsensors, automatic folding mirrors etc etc etc.
Slowly i'm turning it into the beast i want it to be. I will have the dress up kit next year, piece by piece that is ;)

Had an i30 with all the kit fitted as standard. My ZS is a much more simple and fun car with less to go wrong.

Anyway, I noticed I can't rev my 1.0 Ecoboost engine past 4k revs when it's cold, now this to me seems a great idea if it's a feature to protect a cold engine.

Anyone else noticed?

It only revs to 4k in neutral so you don't redline it when not driving to reduce engine wear and misuse.

• Like 1

So I was right, nice bit of forward thinking quality design!

It only revs to 4k in neutral so you don't redline it when not driving to reduce engine wear and misuse.

I'm sure it's just the build in launch control :)