Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

gregberry

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

1,170 posts in this topic

Hi Nathan, thanks for the reply, is there any way to stop it or reduce it? It doesn't sound great!

Also thanks a lot for creating the how to for the ST rear Diffuser, just fitted mine with an orange diffuser, really pleased with how it turned out

No worries and from what I've heard, the only way to stop it is just remove it but then that leaves a very hot turbo out for hands to touch. So all down to your choice I'm afraid.

No worries glad it helped :) post some pictures 👍

Ah right, thanks for the info. Think i'll leave it for the time being.

Here you go:

Before:

IMG 1167

After:

IMG 1172

How the car is looking at the minute:

IMG 1173

Thanks, I'm happy with how it turned out! Unsure what to do next though, thinking of Plasti-dipping the wheels gun metal grey with orange/red calipers but other than than stuck for other ideas

Yehhh gun metal with orange calipers would look good

Hopefully just need to find the best place to get them done :)

Is that a triple R composites front splitter on your car?! Looks good!

I'd get the alloys powder coated in my opinion :p and it was indeed, looked really good. Il be getting another for the St soon :)

Hmmm I have considered that.. like the idea of removing the plasti - dip if I want to though.

Yeah looks really good, might add that to my mod list!

You have an ST Now? do you have any pictures?

Yehhh just heard its only good for a temporary job to see if you like it. Apparently peels etc.

Definately worth fitting :)

I do indeed and unfortunately not until Wednesday, due to collect it at half 10 :D

Yeah, how easy are they to fit?

Bet you can't wait..! Seriously considering getting one myself in the near future

There pretty easy, just fiddly with some of the bolts. Need nimble fingers. Il do a guide when I get one for the St if there isn't one already.

Yehhh can't wait now, can't get any work done :p

Another one joins the ZS to ST club!

I'd like to join too if a 5 door ever get released ;)

did you have to change corner pieces on rear or is it same as st, been told theryre different, thanks

Corner pieces are the same as the ST unless your ZS is pre 2012

cool was told they were different, it'll be a 64 when it arrives but i have a list of parts i have given to ford for them to work me a discount just making sure i didnt need these :)

Had my ZS delivered today, I'm over the moon with it. It looks awesome I love it!

IMG_3198_edit_zps75043e8e.jpg

Although, there is a slight rattle when I rev it? Is this normal? Its more prominent when the engine is cold. And one more question, there is a little black nipple in the centre of my dash just below the windscreen, what is this?

auto lights?

The nipple is to do with climate control. I'm not sure exactly what but it is.

The nipple is to do with climate control. I'm not sure exactly what but it is.

Is it, I thought it was the alarm sensor.

And yes, mine rattles a bit at when i rev at slow speed.

Just to butt-in. I wondered why some of you guys want to de-badge the rear then some want "S" badges fitted? Is this some sort of "guess what i've got" or "look what i've got" kinda thing? I live next door to "The Major" (you know the type) who owns a Lexus, I couldn't give 2 ***** what he's got, or am I the odd one out? :)

Old !Removed!, waiting for my Tit with 16's (don't want my bypass vibrated loose) in November.

colinben likes this

Just to butt-in. I wondered why some of you guys want to de-badge the rear then some want "S" badges fitted? Is this some sort of "guess what i've got" or "look what i've got" kinda thing? I live next door to "The Major" (you know the type) who owns a Lexus, I couldn't give 2 ***** what he's got, or am I the odd one out? :)

Old !Removed!, waiting for my Tit with 16's (don't want my bypass vibrated loose) in November.

I really didnt like the look of the Eco badge on the back of my Zetec -S so i removed it. I left the Zetec badge on and added the 'S' underneath, because it is a Zetec S. I also added an 'S' badge on the steering wheel because I think it looks really good.

I dont really care what anyone else thinks, I added them because i think the car looks better with them. They should have come like that from the Factory, or they should just provide each buyer with a bag of various badges so they have a choice to add or not. :-)

Same here winemart December Tit x delivery with 16" to smooth the bumps after bypass lol Colin