Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Name: Lorenzo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Nice car! I couldnt believe how pronounced that front lip was when i first saw these.

Did you have a petrol before too? im sure this one is faster but which one do you prefer in the way it revs??

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Bob2013

Bob2013

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Iv had all kinds of cars over the years from hot hatches to people carriers to !Removed! imports. But with the little engine and big turbo in such a light car it makes the little fiesta buckets of fun, don't get me wrong it's by no means the fastest car on the road but it just makes you smile. It seams the way forward for Eco cars is actually taking a step back to the 90s with cars like the Fiat Uni turbo and Carade GTI. Showing my age now ;-)

#18 fasty

fasty

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Just ordered my Ecoboost 1.0 in nautical blue with Titanium trim ;-)
A dealer in South London faithfully promised me a deal that appeared too good to be true. Problem was, when I went to pay deposit, it was indeed too good to be true and the price rose nearly £1000. "Oh we made a mistake". Grrrr. Ordered with local dealer even though it cost even more.
How long was delivery on yours, gregberry?
I'm also very interested to know what sort of real MPG people are getting from the Fiesta with Ecoboost engine. I haven't managed to find any reports yet. I was nervous because quite a few people report that the MPG of the Focus with the same engine can be disappointing. Hopefully in the smaller car, real world efficiency might be better.

- Steve

#19 gregberry

gregberry

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Name: Greg
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Do they have DRL's in? In the brochure it doesn't mention them but online it does, just not LED ones >.<

they do have DRL's but they are not LED they are just normal bulbs just like driving with your parking lights on.

#20 AJ_sXe

AJ_sXe

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Name: AJ
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Looks nice in black I must say

I fully agree!

I wasn't sold on the FrogMouth, but in black it looks mean!

#21 gregberry

gregberry

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Nice car! I couldnt believe how pronounced that front lip was when i first saw these.

Did you have a petrol before too? im sure this one is faster but which one do you prefer in the way it revs??

I had a petrol zetec s last time and that was great but this just flies makes driving really fun. Revving is much better it doesn't sound like its screaming all the time, you can just hear the turbo revving. Much better. Starting it up is a bit weird almost like a diesel sound. Once you get going it's really good.

#22 gregberry

gregberry

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Iv had all kinds of cars over the years from hot hatches to people carriers to !Removed! imports. But with the little engine and big turbo in such a light car it makes the little fiesta buckets of fun, don't get me wrong it's by no means the fastest car on the road but it just makes you smile. It seams the way forward for Eco cars is actually taking a step back to the 90s with cars like the Fiat Uni turbo and Carade GTI. Showing my age now ;-)

Yeah! It's not i mean a ferrari but in both low and high gears it pulls and just sounds amazing. It's sad but I don't even have the radio on now so I can hear the car. :/

#23 gregberry

gregberry

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Just ordered my Ecoboost 1.0 in nautical blue with Titanium trim ;-)
A dealer in South London faithfully promised me a deal that appeared too good to be true. Problem was, when I went to pay deposit, it was indeed too good to be true and the price rose nearly £1000. "Oh we made a mistake". Grrrr. Ordered with local dealer even though it cost even more.
How long was delivery on yours, gregberry?
I'm also very interested to know what sort of real MPG people are getting from the Fiesta with Ecoboost engine. I haven't managed to find any reports yet. I was nervous because quite a few people report that the MPG of the Focus with the same engine can be disappointing. Hopefully in the smaller car, real world efficiency might be better.

- Steve

Took less than 2 weeks for the car to arrive, got it saturday, no deposit but I'm on options. Sound like you got a rough deal mate. Hopefully the car will make up for it.

#24 Bob2013

Bob2013

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Ours is showing 38mpg at the min but its only covered 200 miles and the dealer reckons it will increase as the engine settles???? 99% of the miles are the wife extra urban driving and the other 1% me thrashing the life out of it going to the shops. (I also drive with no radio and window open slightly to hear the engine :-)))))

#25 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,422 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Contributor

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

they do have DRL's but they are not LED they are just normal bulbs just like driving with your parking lights on.

Thanks, looking at getting one myself. I'd imagine they're switch-able with LED bulbs :P first thing I'll do is whip out all the bulbs to replace anyways.

#26 gregberry

gregberry

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks, looking at getting one myself. I'd imagine they're switch-able with LED bulbs :P first thing I'll do is whip out all the bulbs to replace anyways.

I'm waiting for them to start releasing parts on ford parts site or I will just wait for some to show up on brokers yards on the web from a titanium. :)

#27 gregberry

gregberry

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Ours is showing 38mpg at the min but its only covered 200 miles and the dealer reckons it will increase as the engine settles???? 99% of the miles are the wife extra urban driving and the other 1% me thrashing the life out of it going to the shops. (I also drive with no radio and window open slightly to hear the engine :-)))))

Yeah I spoke to my dealer after I bought it just because the service book wasn't in the car and he asked me how I was getting on and I said "it's great only issue is slight lag in the turbo and the mpg" he said the mpg will take a while to get an proper average and the lag in the turbo will adjust to your driving. He said the car adjusts to your driving so it won't always give you the arrow to change gear at the same time.

#28 Loz Cheung

Loz Cheung

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Name: Lorenzo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

I had a petrol zetec s last time and that was great but this just flies makes driving really fun. Revving is much better it doesn't sound like its screaming all the time, you can just hear the turbo revving. Much better. Starting it up is a bit weird almost like a diesel sound. Once you get going it's really good.

Glad to hear :) I do miss how manic the engine got above 4000rpm, but the lack of muscle low down did used to frustrate!
bet the extra torque is bliss!

#29 plymlad19

plymlad19

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I've ordered one in white. Told it will take 8 weeks so another 4 weeks to wait! Bob have you got any photos of your white zetec s?

#30 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,422 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Contributor

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'll probably order this week, not sure if red or white yet but I want the red accented interior :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zetecs, ecoboost, facelift, fiesta, 1.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users