Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

Yep, every Titanium has 50 profile's, but Zetec S's seem to have 45's, just haven't been able to confirm.

The Ford Brochure shows that they are all 45's other than the zetec that is 50's

wheels.png

The brochure is wrong :P trust me, seen so many Titanium's now with 50 profile's it's untrue, the Zetec's run on 55 profiles if I remember correctly. Even my dealership has admitted the brochures are wrong so it's not just me :P

When I picked up my Focus they had the new Fiesta's in and they definetly have higher profile tyres now.

The dealer even shadily agreed with me, they knew there had been problems with the pre-facelift alloys and the reason for the change.

Oh yeah, every person I've spoken to at the dealers agrees with me. Lol.

They've also changed the make-up of the wheel apparently.

If you go on the car configurator, and pick say a Zetec, when you get to the options it says:

Alloy - 16"x6.5", 7-Spoke, 195/50 tyres

Yeah, it's the same in reality with the Titanium too, I've checked 9 cars myself, just not had a Zetec S to check lol.

How do you post images via iPhone?

Not sure but I guess if you emailed the pic to your computer it would be much easier.

Hi first post on here by the way but watching this topic with interest.

Looking to change the wifes car for a 1.0 (125) Titanium X shortly. She currently has a 2010 1.6 TDCi Titanium. I use it mainly at weekends too but find it a little unrefined and noisy at motorway speeds. It seems to average 48mpg in winter and about 55 ish in summer so I'm watching with interest what you guys achieve once theyv'e loosened up a bit and also how you find the refinement. I'm hoping someone has moved from a diesel too!

Also anyone used the internet broker 'Drive the Deal'? I have a friend who used them 2 years back and had no issues at all. After a little googling they seem to be have a good reputation.

I've priced a 5 door 1.0 (125) Titanium X with £1500's of options and the price seems too good to be true!! I haven't yet been into Ford's to see what they can do though.

Loving the look for the facelift fiesta zetec S :)

I'm thinking of chopping my ST in for a 125hp titanium with the body kit (need a 5 door) I know there's no comparison engine wise but hoping it will still be fun. I test drove a 100hp zetec and was a bit disappointed with the power but expected it after driving with 225hp.

So what you reckon on the 125hp compared to the 100hp version?

Looking to change the wifes car for a 1.0 (125) Titanium X shortly. She currently has a 2010 1.6 TDCi Titanium. I use it mainly at weekends too but find it a little unrefined and noisy at motorway speeds. It seems to average 48mpg in winter and about 55 ish in summer so I'm watching with interest what you guys achieve once theyv'e loosened up a bit and also how you find the refinement. I'm hoping someone has moved from a diesel too!

Also anyone used the internet broker 'Drive the Deal'? I have a friend who used them 2 years back and had no issues at all. After a little googling they seem to be have a good reputation.

I've priced a 5 door 1.0 (125) Titanium X with £1500's of options and the price seems too good to be true!! I haven't yet been into Ford's to see what they can do though.

I get 65 nice and easy with my diesel :P I test drove a 1.0 Ecoboost and they're decent, feels quick for sure, obviously not blisteringly quick, but nice. Going for another ZS diesel, I'd get a Titanium X but they don't allow the body kit which is a shame.

Loving the look for the facelift fiesta zetec S :)

I'm thinking of chopping my ST in for a 125hp titanium with the body kit (need a 5 door) I know there's no comparison engine wise but hoping it will still be fun. I test drove a 100hp zetec and was a bit disappointed with the power but expected it after driving with 225hp.

So what you reckon on the 125hp compared to the 100hp version?

125 to 100 is quite a difference after driving both I can say it's much nicer to drive in all conditions. I was lucky enough to get to road test over a nice long B road and motorway, handled both nicely but still prefer diesel myself :P

I get 65 nice and easy with my diesel :P I test drove a 1.0 Ecoboost and they're decent, feels quick for sure, obviously not blisteringly quick, but nice. Going for another ZS diesel, I'd get a Titanium X but they don't allow the body kit which is a shame.

125 to 100 is quite a difference after driving both I can say it's much nicer to drive in all conditions. I was lucky enough to get to road test over a nice long B road and motorway, handled both nicely but still prefer diesel myself :P

Thanks Dave

I'm taking out a Focus 125hp 1.0 ecoboost tomorrow as the dealer doesn't have any fiestas at the moment so hopping to take it on a long run. I'm not really a diesel fan seeing as I only do about 8000 a year.

Got any more piccys GegBerry?

The Focus and Fiesta are quite a bit different, quite a lot of weight, different centre of gravity and a different set of handling characteristics, need to find somewhere with a Fiesta :P

I'll probably order this week, not sure if red or white yet but I want the red accented interior :P

Yeah! go for red, I still think white is the best colour, but I miss the red one more as you see less of them!

they look so good on a crisp winters morning. I'd get red if i went for a fiesta again :)

shame theres no red (mk6.5) or blue (mk7) dashboard option anymore though...

Yeah! go for red, I still think white is the best colour, but I miss the red one more as you see less of them!

they look so good on a crisp winters morning. I'd get red if i went for a fiesta again :)

shame theres no red (mk6.5) or blue (mk7) dashboard option anymore though...

Think I'm going for a white one :P

The price quoted on drive the deal is for a business or self employed individuals who are VAT registered only.

I use to use Dealdrivers to purchase all my Fords but they are no longer doing the good deals they use to.

I'm waiting delivery of a 5door Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost (125) Titanium with approx £2500 worth of options, I managed to get a discount of £2300 off manufactuers price of a Fiesta at my Ford dealer. ( this includes the ford saving of £750)

The price quoted on drive the deal is for a business or self employed individuals who are VAT registered only.

Could you provide evidence of this?

Could you provide evidence of this?

Sure its in Black and white on there web page!

I also spoke to them on the telephone and was not impressed with the customers care skills, for a retail customer you was looking at another £1500 above the price quoted for a business customer.

http://www.drivethed...back/index.html

ALL MODELS (except Studio model):

Our quotes are for cars that will be registered to small companies or self employed individuals who are VAT registered. If you are a retail customer looking to buy a new car in your own name then please telephone us to request a quote. Tel: 01628 472276 or 08456 262626.

Once the car / options is picked you just enter your details and its says you will be contacted by the supplying dealer within 24 hours. It worked for my friend 2 years ago on a DS3.

I spoke to them on the telephone and was not impressed with the customers care skills, for a retail customer you was looking at another £1500 above the price quoted for a business customer.

Our quotes are for cars that will be registered to small companies or self employed individuals who are VAT registered. If you are a retail customer looking to buy a new car in your own name then please telephone us to request a quote. Tel: 01628 472276 or 08456 262626.

Ah well spotted. Their policy must vary for each manufacture. Just checked and it doesn't say it for Citroen for example. Ford must be different!

Ford are really squeezing the deals that dealers are allowed to do on all new model Fords, your be lucky if you can manage to negotiate 10% off before taking into account the ford saving.

The days of getting up to 25% off a new Ford are gone for ever.

Hi all, this is my first post here. Just bought a new zetec s in white with privacy glass. Don't know if I will regret it now after seeing the black one, it looks great. I chose white for so scratches won't be as noticeable. Anyone have any experience with keeping white cars clean?

Hi all, this is my first post here. Just bought a new zetec s in white with privacy glass. Don't know if I will regret it now after seeing the black one, it looks great. I chose white for so scratches won't be as noticeable. Anyone have any experience with keeping white cars clean?

Make friends with the power washer :P

I also spoke to them on the telephone and was not impressed with the customers care skills, for a retail customer you was looking at another £1500 above the price quoted for a business customer.

I'm stunned! Sure that never used to be there!