#541 Bills

Bills

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Bilal
  • Ford Model: Zetec S 125PS 1.0 EcoBoost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

Got mine a couple of months ago & it came with the sports pedals already fitted :)
null.jpg

Ahhh your a star! Cheers fella.

How does the dash feel? And whats it like on a day to day basis, you know answering calls using an ipod all those things. Any negative things for me to bear in mind?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#542 E5GDM

E5GDM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Zetec S

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

Overall it's great, the only real 'negative' is the sync system isn't (IMO) as good as fords old system & doesn't seem to work properly anyway.

#543 Maleforce

Maleforce

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI 95
  • Year: 2012

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

Hi I've not been on here for ages now but I have the 1.6 TDCI (95) Zetec S from March 28th 2012 so had it 15 months now, all I can say its been a great car. Last week I drove from Sheffield to Eastbourne and went M1-M25-A22 and averaged 68 mpg doing 65-70 on the motorways and 50-60 on the A roads, when I got there filled up and had covered 268 miles and it cost just 21 pounds to re fill.

I'm going to change it when it is 2 years old and although this 1.0 125bhp sounds great as I understand it will still be spinning at 3500 rpm at 70mph compared to the diesel 2500 rpm and I doubt it will have the relaxed feel of the diesel engine to drive, I can usually change at 1500 rpm and there is no need to be revving the engine all the time. Another thing is engine life, the stresses must be much greater to extract 125 bhp out of a 1.0 3 cylinder engine, where the diesel 1.6 engine is 95 bhp and 4 cylinder has to be more relaxed and on top of its job. Finally there is the economy, before I bought the 1.0 I would want to take it out on a test drive and compare it on the same route and like for like driving as the diesel, from what I've read on here up to now you guys are struggling to get 46 mpg on an average drive my diesel is returning 58 to 60 mpg, I know petrol is less expensive so that would bring the figures closer......

So share your thoughts with me on this please I'd appreciate it........ Thanks.

#544 Steve92

Steve92

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Leon cupra
  • Year: 2007

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

For me it would depend on the type of driving you do, if its lots of a roads and town work then petrol all the way, if however you cover at least 15k and its all on a motorway then go for diesel. Both cars have a completely different driving style although the ecoboost will have low down torque similar to the tdci.

Durability wise, I would take a petrol any day, diesels have too many things that go wrong with them and for me the 1.6 tdci (2008 focus) is one of the worst. I've switched our fleet to vw as there diesels are generally better, anything spending its life in town is now petrol powered. I wouldn't worry about the 1.0 no lasting, ford would have covered more miles and given it new abuse than you ever could ;)

#545 Mick78

Mick78

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Name: michael
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Maleforce, the Ecoboost sits at 2,500rpm at 70 the same as the 1.6 diesel. Relaxed cruiser it is as the engine drifts into the background.

Don't know where this thing comes from where people are saying the Ecoboost has to be revved to get performance from it or its stressed out, don't think Ford would put it on sell if they had doubt on it and it has just won the sub 1.0l engine and engine of the year award again. The formula Ford puts out over 200bhp with the same engine but with the 1.6 ecoboost's turbo.

I have mine since January and I can change gear from 1,500rpm too and ride the turbo boost. It'll never get what Ford say it will as it is driven in the real world and not in a lab, but I'm impressed with what it can do and the economy it returns compared to my old 1.25

#546 Bills

Bills

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Bilal
  • Ford Model: Zetec S 125PS 1.0 EcoBoost

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

When you slam your foot down in 1st or 2nd, at what rpm does the turbo kick in, and can you feel it?

#547 AleXander

AleXander

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Name: AleX
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Sport 1.0 125

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Does anyone know where can I find nice and sporty tailpipe ending (muffler) for my Zetec S Fiesta? :-) Just don`t wanna cut anything (bumber etc), just want to fit "out from the box". And imho there is some place ready in the bumber to fit one.

Just wanna fit one of these: http://new.ulter.com.../endings/double . It seems that they do not have dedicated for Fiesta :(

#548 Maleforce

Maleforce

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI 95
  • Year: 2012

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Maleforce, the Ecoboost sits at 2,500rpm at 70 the same as the 1.6 diesel. Relaxed cruiser it is as the engine drifts into the background.

Don't know where this thing comes from where people are saying the Ecoboost has to be revved to get performance from it or its stressed out, don't think Ford would put it on sell if they had doubt on it and it has just won the sub 1.0l engine and engine of the year award again. The formula Ford puts out over 200bhp with the same engine but with the 1.6 ecoboost's turbo.

I have mine since January and I can change gear from 1,500rpm too and ride the turbo boost. It'll never get what Ford say it will as it is driven in the real world and not in a lab, but I'm impressed with what it can do and the economy it returns compared to my old 1.25

Thanks Mick78, your info was really useful,

I know with the old zetec petrol it was 3500 at 70, however if the new 1 litre is 2500 at 70 mph thats probably enough for me to sway me to the petrol away from the diesel I own now, I am doing about 12000 miles a year mostly urban trips of 7 miles and the occasional longer journey.  Having said that it is important to me for the car to be quiet at cruising speeds as well as economical on my daily run, I must admit I'm looking forward to my next new fiesta but I can't see the point of changing until its 2 years old so just 9 months to go LOL sounds like im expecting :)........ So what is your average MPG with the 1.0 125 bhp Zetec S

#549 jd_james

jd_james

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 179 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Ecoboost Zetec S

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Had my ecoboost since march now im getting 41mpg which isnt bad as its all around town.

Anyone know how i can better that? In terms of what point people are changing gears? I found that in first soon as you get to 1000 revs an try changing its a bit hard on the engine.

I just dont want to be changing too soon and doing damage to the car.

#550 Mick78

Mick78

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Name: michael
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Currently getting 44-48 around town with just 3,000 miles, could see this going up to low-mid 50's with longer runs

I change gear at 2,500-3,000rpm. Give it a bit more revs once its warmed up to hear the turbo whoosh

#551 Willy

Willy

Mountune'd 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,603 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium MP135
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

When you slam your foot down in 1st or 2nd, at what rpm does the turbo kick in, and can you feel it?

The turbo kicks in at around 1800rpm so there's no need to keep the rev's high.

#552 jd_james

jd_james

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 179 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Ecoboost Zetec S

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Currently getting 44-48 around town with just 3,000 miles, could see this going up to low-mid 50's with longer runs

I change gear at 2,500-3,000rpm. Give it a bit more revs once its warmed up to hear the turbo whoosh

How are you getting this!?!

Are you resetting your AVG MPG at each fill up or the Mileage counter?

#553 FiestaZS90150

FiestaZS90150

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Name: Nicolas
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 2013 1.0 Ecoboost Racing Red

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Does anyone know where can I find nice and sporty tailpipe ending (muffler) for my Zetec S Fiesta? :-) Just don`t wanna cut anything (bumber etc), just want to fit "out from the box". And imho there is some place ready in the bumber to fit one.

Just wanna fit one of these: http://new.ulter.com.../endings/double . It seems that they do not have dedicated for Fiesta :(

I Too woould like to know

#554 Willy

Willy

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,603 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

E-mell-304-Stainless-steel-Chrome-Exhaust-Muffler-Tip-For-Ford-Fiesta-Ford-Focus.jpeg

http://m.aliexpress....obilesitedetail

I'm sure the S1600 had a twin pipe.

#555 Willy

Willy

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,603 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Or a single

http://item.mobilewe...Id=330927582435

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zetecs, ecoboost, facelift, fiesta, 1.0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users