Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

zetecs ecoboost facelift fiesta 1.0

• Please log in to reply
1110 replies to this topic

#646 Willy

Willy

Mountune'd 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,319 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium EcoBoost 125
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

So are you using an external HDD in the car USB?

If so what are you using, just a standard laptop hardrive?

Yeah thats right Darren, I'm using a 2.5 Samsung SSD in a case then pluged it strait into the cars USB.

Ive tried other laptop drives but could not get some of them to work as they draw more power than the USB can handle so an SSD is the best way.

Most hard drives are in NTFS formate so need to be reformatted in FAT32 to work in the car, this can be done easily on your PC using free software from the Internet.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#647 Massey

Massey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Picked up my Zetec S on Saturday, absolutely love everything about it!

2013_07_27_14_10_54.jpg

2013_07_27_14_15_49.jpg

The only thing I cannot get to work is connecting my ipod via aux lead!

#648 Gary Watt

Gary Watt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.0T EcoBoost 125 PS

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Hello

What is it like to drive......I mean, for example, taking off at a roundabout, nippy?

Regards

Gary

#649 E5GDM

E5GDM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Plug your 'i pod' in, then press the 'command' button on the steering wheel & when promted say 'I pod' or 'USB'. Hopefully it will then prompt you again, so say 'play all'.
See what happens.

#650 Massey

Massey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thanks mate, have the ipod working now! 

And Gary yeah it is nippy if you put your foot down! 

#651 Avanzato

Avanzato

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: None
  • Year: 2014

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

Now you guys have owned the Zetec a while, how's the mpg?

Still tempted to get one, I'd like the 123bhp one :)

#652 E5GDM

E5GDM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm getting around 40 mpg on my mainly rural 24 mile commute to work & back.

#653 Avanzato

Avanzato

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: None

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Oh, that's not that good then.  I get 50+mpg from my 1.5 Yaris T-sport.

#654 kennypops

kennypops

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: ken
  • Ford Model: zetec s

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hi

I am currently getting 47 - 48 mpg around town and 55 mpg on decent runs.

The car is a zetec S 1.0 125 petrol with 3.500 miles on clock, hope that helps.

#655 Michael Man

Michael Man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 125PS

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hello everyone, this is my first post asking for advice but this seems like the place to do it. Looks like a great forum with helpful users.

After rocking my 1.25l Fiesta Zetec since I passed my test 3 years ago I am now in the position financially to upgrade. I really want a Zetec S. Well ideally I'd like an ST but do need to save money for other things, maybe in a few years!

My main question is; how long is it taking for cars to arrive? I have read the entire thread and see various times for delivery from a week to a few months. My insurance runs out on my current car beginning of October so it's probably best I go to a dealership next week and see what is what.

I'd also like opinions on what extras to get? I 100% want to have 17" alloys, privacy glass, DAB radio. What about EATC and the city pack? And they worth the cost? Things like automatic wipers I figure I can do myself when it rains and not worried about keyless entry. Opinions are welcome though.

Finally, I plan to go on finance with the options plan. I have my car to trade and savings so will probably pay the max deposit. How much were you able to get off the list price of the vehicle?

Thank you for all your help, can't wait to join the Fiesta S club, just wish they still put the badge on the car :-(.

#656 FiestaZS90150

FiestaZS90150

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Name: Nicolas
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 2013 1.0 Ecoboost Racing Red

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

Welcome,

What color are you looking at? I think you will be well happy with this nippy fiesta. Its so fun to drive. I just came back from spain 12 hours trip and i had loads of fun avoiding the cameras. I'm really impressed by how much the car still pulls when in 5th gear. My old fiesta (1.4tdci) didnt move lol. Anyways just to say am very pleased with it =).

I Had 4K off the price + extras without trading in a car. Oh i am in France so might differ. (I asked for a ST and it was 23K without extras, i heard in England you can get them less than 18K)

Extras are a personnal preference 

but for extras that i got:

- Privacy glass: Car looks ten times better

- 17" alloys: Same, car looks better but remember that tyres will cost more.

- Sony 8 speaker radio pack with color screen: (Don't know if this is available in UK since i didn't find it on UK ford) The screen is really nice, just like a TV and not the orange lettering like the old MK7

- Winter pack: (might not be called the same in the UK) Heated screen and heated front seats. I took this cause first of all where i live it snows alot and its always cold lol so the screen was why i had this pack installed. Then the seats well thats just gadjet =). But both work really well especially the seats. (Don't need to have the leather seats for this as like me i got the normal black and red ones since those were what i wanted)

- Spare wheel: Or you get a spare wheel, or you keep the repair kit in the trunk thats already in the car. But i think that a spare is better. (its a real one not a saver) You wont repair a 2cm wide hole with a repair kit. So i think its better to have the spare.

- cruise control: Is a must if you drive alot, especially on motorways. I have a 120km commute to work everyday and with cruise control i average around 650km on a full tank whislt using cruise control. It helps alot. This is why i chose this option cause i new that doing so much mileage with a petrol car is not sensible but i have to say that i have the same MPG as my old 1.4tdci MK6 fiesta =)

hope this helps,

#657 FiestaZS90150

FiestaZS90150

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

as for the S badge you can add it yourself =)

#658 Clarky2013

Clarky2013

Addicted to boost

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Race Red MP215

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ive added a s badge on the front grill cost me like less than 15 quid on ebay , definatley go for the 17s and privacy glass looks a lot better with them. As for the extra speakers, I think the standard system with 6 speakers is pretty good to be fair. And racing red for the colour :)

#659 Michael Man

Michael Man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 125PS

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

I think I'm going for black. My Fiesta now is black and I just like black cars, but I'll take a look at the colours at the dealership as you never know until you see them in person.

I believe heated front windscreens are standard now. I want my days of scrapping ice off my car to be over.

I think it's only six speaker over here in regards to the Sony sound system. I think DAB is for me but not the satnav option, it's an extra £500 and for when I actually need a satnav my £100 tomtom does the job.

Are heated/electric foldable wing mirrors worth the cost and puddle lamps? I think maybe I am struggling with the concept as it's summer but give it a few months I'll want them on my car! I have a short commute so having a car I can get ready to drive with minimal effort is a must. Last winter it sometimes took me longer for me to get it in a position I can drive it with good visibility than it did the actual drive to work :-|

Read lots of reviews about the car needing 6 speed and that the long gears don't help it pull but doubt I'll notice going from a 74hp 8 year old Fiesta  ^_^ . Will be nice to have something which can accelerate up hills.

#660 FiestaZS90150

FiestaZS90150

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

yeah accelerate up hills it will =). I come from a 68bhp mk6 tdci so its hugely fun and pulls very nicely you will be surprised from it only being a 1.0 L =).

don't know if its standard for the screen. Would be nice if it would but i know that here in france it isnt

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zetecs, ecoboost, facelift, fiesta, 1.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users