What color are you looking at? I think you will be well happy with this nippy fiesta. Its so fun to drive. I just came back from spain 12 hours trip and i had loads of fun avoiding the cameras. I'm really impressed by how much the car still pulls when in 5th gear. My old fiesta (1.4tdci) didnt move lol. Anyways just to say am very pleased with it =).
I Had 4K off the price + extras without trading in a car. Oh i am in France so might differ. (I asked for a ST and it was 23K without extras, i heard in England you can get them less than 18K)
Extras are a personnal preference
but for extras that i got:
- Privacy glass: Car looks ten times better
- 17" alloys: Same, car looks better but remember that tyres will cost more.
- Sony 8 speaker radio pack with color screen: (Don't know if this is available in UK since i didn't find it on UK ford) The screen is really nice, just like a TV and not the orange lettering like the old MK7
- Winter pack: (might not be called the same in the UK) Heated screen and heated front seats. I took this cause first of all where i live it snows alot and its always cold lol so the screen was why i had this pack installed. Then the seats well thats just gadjet =). But both work really well especially the seats. (Don't need to have the leather seats for this as like me i got the normal black and red ones since those were what i wanted)
- Spare wheel: Or you get a spare wheel, or you keep the repair kit in the trunk thats already in the car. But i think that a spare is better. (its a real one not a saver) You wont repair a 2cm wide hole with a repair kit. So i think its better to have the spare.
- cruise control: Is a must if you drive alot, especially on motorways. I have a 120km commute to work everyday and with cruise control i average around 650km on a full tank whislt using cruise control. It helps alot. This is why i chose this option cause i new that doing so much mileage with a petrol car is not sensible but i have to say that i have the same MPG as my old 1.4tdci MK6 fiesta =)
hope this helps,