Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Name: Leroy
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta mk 7.5 in Mustard Olive
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Had my 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec S now for 2 days and i'm loving it, such a nice car to drive

These ecoboost engine's are amazing, so much power for a 1 litre and quite refined also... Good Job Ford !!!

Got mine in Deep impact Blue with sat nav and 17" alloys with 1,025 miles on the clock for £11.999

Any decent guides for the Audio/Sat nav knocking about ? The manual is rubbish and im not finding it very intuitive ?

Not got many pics as the weather has been rubbish, but managed to grab a couple in between showers

IMG_20140214_161836_zpsf66bc46d.jpg

IMG_20140214_161815_zpsb60bf644.jpg

Everytime I see a mk 7.5 with a body kit, I'm like....need to get the rest of the body kit fitted on mine :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#947 Hotcookie

Hotcookie

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Jonny
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2014

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

How old are you and what is your insurance like on your car as I am looking to do the same as you when I pass

I'm 28 and I'm on my wife's insurance, for us both to be insured on that car its £340 for the year, but she has years of no claims so I'm not a good example of what insurance costs, I'm at work at the moment but when i get a chance I'll get a quote on my car as if it was just me being insured and let you know!

#948 JackSimpson

JackSimpson

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Jack
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.0T (mine in April 14)

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'm 18 be 19 when I get the car, just passed my test and I have been quoted 175 a month but she said it might go up a bit when I get the registration

#949 000

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Name: Christopher
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

I'm 22, fully comp it's 540 a year with 4 yrs no claims

#950 Ecoboost125

Ecoboost125

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0T 100 Titanium X 3dr

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Im 20, 21 in 4 weeks when I get my car roughly 500-600 with no no claims as someone went in to back of my car last year :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#951 666Damian666

666Damian666

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Name: Damian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS Ecoboost - MP135 Coming soon

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Looks lovely in Deep Impact Blue

The only thing stopping me from ordering it in that colour is the fact my current car is almost the same colour & I want something different

#952 Avanzato

Avanzato

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Any advantage of the Sony SatNav compared to the Ford one?

#953 RickyT93

RickyT93

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Name: Ricky
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

I'm 18 be 19 when I get the car, just passed my test and I have been quoted 175 a month but she said it might go up a bit when I get the registration

im 20 and have no no claims bonus and i paid 800 upfront, rather than paying an extra 200 all round if paid monthly!

#954 Mordey

Mordey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta zs

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

ZetecS insured fully comp. 6yrs ncb, one claim and two named drivers, one 51, other 52. £179.00.

Getting on in life has some advantages! ^_^

#955 weescott

weescott

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

On the Wife's policy. 9years ncb. £140 fully comp. Half the price of the 1.5 Swift it replaced. :D

#956 BigRog

BigRog

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-3

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

Mordey who you with? and what area do you live in? I'm 51 with no claims or convictions in over 30 years and they want 380 fully comp from me on a brand new zetec s, I was only paying 410 on my MPS
cheers

#957 PAPUMA

PAPUMA

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: FIESTA ZETEC S

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

ZetecS insured fully comp. 6yrs ncb, one claim and two named drivers, one 51, other 52. £179.00.

Getting on in life has some advantages! ^_^

£137  a year,  getting on in life does have advantages, although I would rather be like these 19 and 20 years olds and driving my car.   What happened to driving heaps for a few years after passing your test like we did in my day  ;) .  Only joking, good luck if you can afford it.  

#958 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The member the forum deserves but not the one it needs right now

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

What bugs me most about this ecoboost engine is the knocking noise. After 95% of my journeys it does it whether in gear at the lights or stationary and in neutral.

Subtle vibration felt through the brake pedal too. This is NOT just being pedantic over a slightly noisy engine, this is a distinct knocking noise.

Been back to dealer twice and they heard the noise but they might as well have laughed in my face! It is perfectly normal and happens in all ecoboost cars and you can try one of ours to prove our point. It is simply a noisy fuel pump as these small engines have to work very hard.

I did explain that it stops when you open the bonnet and close it again but that is not significant apparently.

The only other issue is that about half a dozen times in the year I have had this car, the bonnet has flicked open onto the catch. Nothing wrong with it at all says the dealer.

That's because it never does it when the dealer has it. :(

#959 PAPUMA

PAPUMA

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: FIESTA ZETEC S

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

What bugs me most about this ecoboost engine is the knocking noise. After 95% of my journeys it does it whether in gear at the lights or stationary and in neutral.

Subtle vibration felt through the brake pedal too. This is NOT just being pedantic over a slightly noisy engine, this is a distinct knocking noise.

Been back to dealer twice and they heard the noise but they might as well have laughed in my face! It is perfectly normal and happens in all ecoboost cars and you can try one of ours to prove our point. It is simply a noisy fuel pump as these small engines have to work very hard.

I did explain that it stops when you open the bonnet and close it again but that is not significant apparently.

The only other issue is that about half a dozen times in the year I have had this car, the bonnet has flicked open onto the catch. Nothing wrong with it at all says the dealer.

That's because it never does it when the dealer has it. :(

I cant say I've noticed any knocking noise in mine at all or any vibration through the pedal.    And surely if the fuel pump has to work hard this would mean its dumping alot of fuel into the engine,  so how come its so economical then.  Can someone more intelligent than me explain this.

Have you taken it to another dealer to be looked at,   bonnet opening should not happen either.

#960 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The member the forum deserves but not the one it needs right now

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

The dealer accepts that the bonnet shouldn't open but they say all they can do is investigate it and when they have done so, everything is fine. They greased the catch, checked the various settings of the spring etc, opened and closed it.

Will try another dealer to see what they think to the noise.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zetecs, ecoboost, facelift, fiesta, 1.0

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users