Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Zetec 1.6

Ajhughes

I have a 2003 ford fiesta zetec 1.6 it's quite nippy just wondering if there's any simple cheap mods I can do to give it more of an edge

Welcome Along!

As far as speed is concerned, if you want cheap mods to get more juice, then your looking at a good service and upgrading the components, so for example, uprated air filter, replacement of fuel and oil filters, change oil and plugs etc.

How much is in your budget for cheap?

Perhaps 300-400 I'm not after to much really just a few little bits , looked at remaps etc but not sure what they really do :/?

No point doing a remap until you change the likes of your air filter, exhaust etc. As the remap will need to take these into consideration before its done.

Remap just takes your current readings and finds a way to make them better, so you need to upgrade with a through pipe on the exhaust, decent back box, decent air filter, and a very good service. These alone could gain you 30 bhp, add a remap and you could get maybe 50 - 80 more (on your budget that is).

What exhaust etc would you recommended baring in mind I don't want something to noisy :P

I wouldn't bother to be honest, its a hassle and expense that isnt worth the small increase in performance, why not look at swapping it for a MK 6 ST, omitting that though you could buy few high performance filters (oil,air,fuel), renew the coil pack and HT Leads,plugs etc, other than that you would need to spend silly money for exhaust parts or anything more major.

Insurance is to expensive for an st I'm only 18 :/ just wanna try improve it a little get couple of years out of it , then get focus st , might try the filters and stuff and look into exhaust and remap

Insurance is to expensive for an st I'm only 18 :/ just wanna try improve it a little get couple of years out of it , then get focus st , might try the filters and stuff and look into exhaust and remap

Same predicament as me then, i only got the 1.4 because of the insurance, i wished i got a diesel now though this little thing doesn't half drink some juice, i have a query for you, i guess yours has the digital fuel and temp gauge, does your temperature get up to the normal position quite quickly? because im finding that it goes from nothing to the middle within 3-4 minutes of starting her up.

Yeah doesn't take too long really few minutes I'd say :/ and damn right mines heavy on petrol haha especially when your giving it some haha

Mine sure does like a good boot full, i think its just a pointless bit of design to remove dials and replace them with digital readouts that seem to default after a few minutes, the fuel one is pretty hard to fathom until you get used to its tendency's, it likes to sit high then sort of drop like a rock i have found below half way. Haha, i panic buy petrol on the final block before the final split block.

Haha exactly same as me that it's like half way then you look again and it's almost on the light hsha

Got the same zetec s and wanting more power from it also. After dropping down from a Civic Vetec.

Heard pumaspeed is overrated.

But may look into the suggestions in parts as noted above. (Thanks).

Anyone know where to get loose mud flaps? Not a fan of the hard plastic ones which come as standard.

I don`t know guys..a 1.6 zetec seems pretty powerful to me..I had a 2 liter hdi peugeot and it was not so fast as this: My main concern is this. More power requires more petrol that`s why I am really interested about a turbo conversion. Any thoughts about this? Is it possible?

Pretty sure to turbo it you require upgrading a good few other parts also...

Not sure how the whole setup goes though but if you don't find out them be sure to let me know also! :)

You can buy a full turbo set up off the Internet for about £3400 bit pricey for a 1.6 if you ask me

Yeah doesn't take too long really few minutes I'd say :/ and damn right mines heavy on petrol haha especially when your giving it some haha

After having my new water pump i have noticed that the temperature gauge now goes up to under half way and then stays there for a majority of the journey, so just keep an eye on your water pump, it may just be that the design of the pump has changed a bit and is more efficient, just thought i would pass it on, have you decided upon any upgrades yet?

You can buy a full turbo set up off the Internet for about £3400 bit pricey for a 1.6 if you ask me

just a bit...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club