• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gavin Montana

Gavin Montana

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

I bought my t-reg focus 1.6 zetec a couple of weeks ago and both key fobs had no batteries put new one in and nothing happened found a programming guide on the net, fob worked fine for a couple of days then fob wouldn't unlock or lock drivers door, reprogramed fob again didn't cure problem and sometimes with the other doors(mines a 5 door) you press the lock button and they lock and unlock, anyone has any ideas, all doors lock/unlock with the key

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 13,749 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I'd say the reason the previous owner took the batteries out was because there was a problem with the locking mechanism.
The doors have a habit of letting water into the lock solenoids so a good idea will be to check the drivers side one for corrosion and a failed lock solenoid.
I used to get a wierd symptom with my old MK1 in that when it was wet weather the car used to lock itself, not much fun if i was defrosting/demisting my car on a cold morning prior to leaving work.
I got in the habit of carrying two keys just in case.

#3 Gavin Montana

Gavin Montana

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Thanks check solenoids no sign of corrosion, everything also seems watertight good seals, puzzling as why everything worked when i originally programmed the key fob

#4 sparky7371

sparky7371

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2.0 tdci
  • Year: 2007

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I had a similar problem with the wifes car key which turned out to be a worn out switch button. It was a simple fix with a soldering iron and the switches cost about £3 of ebay.

#5 Gavin Montana

Gavin Montana

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Switch seems to be in good condition and not showing any signs of wear, wondering if i should follow a sequence in the handbook and clear immobaliser and then programme key any advice please, great site by the way people

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users