Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Romote Control Key Fob

Gavin Montana

I bought my t-reg focus 1.6 zetec a couple of weeks ago and both key fobs had no batteries put new one in and nothing happened found a programming guide on the net, fob worked fine for a couple of days then fob wouldn't unlock or lock drivers door, reprogramed fob again didn't cure problem and sometimes with the other doors(mines a 5 door) you press the lock button and they lock and unlock, anyone has any ideas, all doors lock/unlock with the key

I'd say the reason the previous owner took the batteries out was because there was a problem with the locking mechanism.

The doors have a habit of letting water into the lock solenoids so a good idea will be to check the drivers side one for corrosion and a failed lock solenoid.

I used to get a wierd symptom with my old MK1 in that when it was wet weather the car used to lock itself, not much fun if i was defrosting/demisting my car on a cold morning prior to leaving work.

I got in the habit of carrying two keys just in case.

Thanks check solenoids no sign of corrosion, everything also seems watertight good seals, puzzling as why everything worked when i originally programmed the key fob

I had a similar problem with the wifes car key which turned out to be a worn out switch button. It was a simple fix with a soldering iron and the switches cost about £3 of eBay.

Switch seems to be in good condition and not showing any signs of wear, wondering if i should follow a sequence in the handbook and clear immobaliser and then programme key any advice please, great site by the way people

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club