Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blank Fitted 1.8 Tdci 08 Plate

salsheikh

Hi there, job done yesterday and all is well (so far) lol. Easy job to do, less than 20mins if ya get stuck in. Car definetly feels smoother when running, less smoke when booting it. Not really noticed an improvement in performance but saying that, I tend to drive a little more sedately these days haha. Overall very pleased with the job.

As far as parts go,,, I bought the Torque Pro App, from the Android Market £2.95 I think, then ordered the ELM327 from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200840588989?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 take no notice of the price, im sure its a typo, I payed £11.85 for it, but best to contact them first to get them to ammend the add.

Last but not least the blanking plate, the add shows one with a hole in it, but they also do solid plates, you just need to add message to seller at the checkout. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110901472743?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Both items were shipped and recieved really quickly, so hopefully all will remain well, and I'll be happy lol.

should be fitting mine tomorrow :)

did you use any gasket or sealant when putting it on?

No mate, they don't need anything as far as I'm aware. The tin gasket that is in there needs removing, it has 4 locating tabs, just bend them back and remove. Then refit the bolts loosly and slide in the blanking plate and push down to make sure its fully home, then re-tighten and your done.

yep, i didnt use anything either. if you wanted to though, some gasket sealant will do

all fitted :D

thought the throttle does feel a bit better, but tbh its probably just a placebo because i read it on here!

Cheers

all fitted :D

thought the throttle does feel a bit better, but tbh its probably just a placebo because i read it on here!

Cheers

LOL, should help it pick up a bit better from low revs, eliminate the "EGR flatspot", and yes, the throttle can feel a bit more responsive, its not a usually massive difference, (depends on the car) they recon you need a 10% power increase to have a noticable increase in power, you might see a (slight) difference with a stopwatch or on a dyno

As Sal has said, the main thing is the inlet/ EGR housing no longer gets contaminated

Cleaning out the inlet manifold and EGR and resetting the ECU may give more noticable gains (especially if the inlet is badly choked up with carbon/ gunge from the EGR)

Theoretically there should be a slight increase in MPG as well, it would be good to get feedback/ figures about that

• 2 weeks later...

Done mine on Saturday, i can definitely feel an improvement on lower revs :D wasn't too hard to do just be careful that the wiper arms are aligned correctly.

driven about 120 miles since, no EML yet (Euro4 engine). MPG also seems unaffected, if not then i would say it is slightly better, a406/m40/a40 from east london to cheltenham with a few of full throttle takeoffs and overtaking and managed 56MPG, and i would normally get that amount with granny driving

Hmm reading this I'm considering doing it on my Fiesta 1.6 TDCi, only thing is I don't really want to end up with and fault codes coming up >.<

i dont think any of us have had any error lights so far mate

i posted here on the 1st, so i would guess iv done a good few hundred miles now without any lights. and iv not done a mpg test yet, but it wouldnt be accurate in the weather we're having ATM anyway

If I do get an error and remove it, problem solved or will it end up going in to limp mode? -.-

If I do get an error and remove it, problem solved or will it end up going in to limp mode? -.-

Won't cause limp mode, limp mode and error codes are different things

So far no-one has even had an EML on yet, and several forum members have fitted a solid plate, with only positive/ good results -

I think you are pretty safe fitting one (solid, stainless steel blanking plate)

Still no light on mine, done a good few miles since fitting, touch wood all is good :-)

no light here either, all good under the hood!

Will the fact it's a Euro 5 engine make any difference? Was reading I need one with a hole in or something >.<

Will the fact it's a Euro 5 engine make any difference? Was reading I need one with a hole in or something >.<

Where did you read that? - the ones with the hole are useless - its a blanking plate not a mint :lol:

• Like 1

Where did you read that? - the ones with the hole are useless - its a blanking plate not a mint :lol:

:D

Oh,how I miss humour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yeah, just restricts rather than blocks due to the fact the EGR need air going through it >.<

Seeing it's just a code, may as well just do it and see, if it throws a fault I'll just get it knocked off come service time.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be considering removing mine soon... ive started noticing this "wawawawawaw" type sound everytime i get over 40mph, it should be sealed tight around the blanking plate area. did you guys remove that thin gasket when fitting the blanking plate?

i left the thin gasket in, and installed the egr blanking plate on the left of the gasket, so the egr plate was nearer the egr. this allows the thin gasket to make the seal on the pipe from the manifold, as intended.

Varied opinions on this then, as most have removed the thin plate and just replaced it with the blank. No problems/leaks with mine.

ill remove the gasket then and see if that makes any difference

Varied opinions on this then, as most have removed the thin plate and just replaced it with the blank. No problems/leaks with mine.

its not that i thought it still needed the gasket, its just that the blanking plate i bought had cut away lugs so you only have to loosen the bolts to fit it rather than remove them fully. my EGR had been cleaned prior to me ordering the blanking plate.

if i had to remove them, as when having to clean the EGR, then i would have also had to remove the gasket.

its so thin im sure it makes no real difference if blanking the EGR.

i removed mine too. are you sure there isnt any leaks that are making the noise?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club