• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lofty690

lofty690

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeoand sierra cosworth

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

nnnnn hi all new on here , well here we go , ive just bought a mondeo 05 115 bhp tdci as a non runner , so im going to start and look it over tomorrow , ive already aquired a camshaft snsor and a crankshaft sensor . which i willchange one at a time , I WILL ALSO SEE THIS THROUGH ANDPOST THE RESULTS , i always see these topics but never the sollutions , so any good mondeo tdci mechanics tell me something else to try , i bought the car for 475 with 6 months mot , new clutch with receipt for 480 last year , 4 new tyres , black in colour , not a mark on her ,100000 miles .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Kuytd

Kuytd

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo mk3 2.0 tdci 115bhp 5 sp
  • Year: 2004

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Could it be fuel pressure? IE the pump needs priming?...

#3 lofty690

lofty690

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

thx bud i will try that if the other 2 fail , some say about the fuel cut-off switch but what would trigger that ? does anyone know where this switch is ?

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,045 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Also suggest that you check the filter and the housing, and ensure that there is fuel in there and no air bubbles

#5 lofty690

lofty690

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well after checking what we could still no life in her , so we got the diagnostics man to have look and it kept bringing up the camshaft sensor , ok we put another one in and still the same , he said that when he was turning it over that she was maybe light on compression , so we took of the rocker cover to do a compression test and there it was , a nice broken cam carrier box where the front rocker shaft had tried to jump out , next job then is fit another box . Anybody ever done this ?

#6 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,045 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

nice find! unfortunately I cant help on the replacement but hope someone can!

#7 lofty690

lofty690

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

well you cant just set a cam box on , you would need it line-bored first , so ive just taken the engine out (boy was that a job) and im of to the ford breakers today to purchase a bare engine for 290 with 70000 miles on it . if you ever change the engine let me tell you it will take a whole day to take the old unit out lol . with a few phone calls people are saying that the cam chain tensioner was probably the cause with being over worn , i will be stripping the old unit to get my pump and other stuff of it so i will let you know .

#8 lofty690

lofty690

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

latest update , i decided to strip the old engine so took of the timing chain cover so i could remove the fuel pump , set the timing first and discovered the front cam wheel was out about 4 teeth but why has it done this ? the chain and guides and tensioner all seem fine , so ive no idea why this engine has broke the cam box on the front cam . the only thing that i noticed in the whole strip down was that it looked as if the air filter had tried to go up the pipe , so i wonder if it had sucked up water ? anyone seen this happen on a mondeo . will take the head of next week and see if the bottom end is ok .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users