Do Not Sell My Personal Information

05 Mondeo Tdci 115 Wont Start . Turning Over Ok

lofty690

nnnnn hi all new on here , well here we go , ive just bought a mondeo 05 115 bhp tdci as a non runner , so im going to start and look it over tomorrow , ive already aquired a camshaft snsor and a crankshaft sensor . which i willchange one at a time , I WILL ALSO SEE THIS THROUGH ANDPOST THE RESULTS , i always see these topics but never the sollutions , so any good mondeo tdci mechanics tell me something else to try , i bought the car for 475 with 6 months mot , new clutch with receipt for 480 last year , 4 new tyres , black in colour , not a mark on her ,100000 miles .

thx bud i will try that if the other 2 fail , some say about the fuel cut-off switch but what would trigger that ? does anyone know where this switch is ?

Also suggest that you check the filter and the housing, and ensure that there is fuel in there and no air bubbles

Well after checking what we could still no life in her , so we got the diagnostics man to have look and it kept bringing up the camshaft sensor , ok we put another one in and still the same , he said that when he was turning it over that she was maybe light on compression , so we took of the rocker cover to do a compression test and there it was , a nice broken cam carrier box where the front rocker shaft had tried to jump out , next job then is fit another box . Anybody ever done this ?

nice find! unfortunately I cant help on the replacement but hope someone can!

well you cant just set a cam box on , you would need it line-bored first , so ive just taken the engine out (boy was that a job) and im of to the ford breakers today to purchase a bare engine for 290 with 70000 miles on it . if you ever change the engine let me tell you it will take a whole day to take the old unit out lol . with a few phone calls people are saying that the cam chain tensioner was probably the cause with being over worn , i will be stripping the old unit to get my pump and other stuff of it so i will let you know .

latest update , i decided to strip the old engine so took of the timing chain cover so i could remove the fuel pump , set the timing first and discovered the front cam wheel was out about 4 teeth but why has it done this ? the chain and guides and tensioner all seem fine , so ive no idea why this engine has broke the cam box on the front cam . the only thing that i noticed in the whole strip down was that it looked as if the air filter had tried to go up the pipe , so i wonder if it had sucked up water ? anyone seen this happen on a mondeo . will take the head of next week and see if the bottom end is ok .