Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Wait To Get Rid Of It!

Harvey19

After test driving and ordering a new BMW 1 Series the other day, I really have realised what a pile of junk the Fiesta mk7 actually is! It looks nice and drives OK I suppose but the internals of this car are shocking, there has been nothing but rattles and other issues since the day I picked up the thing. It's as if they put a toddler inside the Fiesta and gave it a load of cheap plastic to put together. Don't even get me started on the 2012/13 facelift ****EURGH****

Anyway rant over.

Can't for the day when I go to the garage and hand over the keys.

H19

Much improved on the Facelift actually, had a good drive in one and all the niggles have been ironed out that I found :P

Money down that as soon as you order one and take it home you'll begin to notice issues/niggles.

Anyway this is just my opinion, I know the two aren't comparable. But from driving a BMW and then getting back into my mk7; I will never buy a ford again.

H19

Bleh, I don't really give much of a crap on niggles, I drive race-cars quite a bit, and rally cars, they have a few more niggles and rattles :P

I personally just like the drive, looks nice - does me :P I enjoy my mk7 though does have a few problems;

- Buckles alloys every 10k

- Door seals

- Rattle on both doors

- Needed new water pump at 10k

- Ford badges rusting

Still, I like it :P just have to see at end of the week what I can get on a Fiesta at bargaining time, and seeing if it's worth me going for a Focus. I just like Ford's :P

You obviously haven't seen the 2013 face-lift ST, i would take it over a BMW any day, its got a decent price as well compared to its opposition. I think i will be trying to save my money for one of these beauties. http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/287728/new_ford_fiesta_st_prices.htm

After test driving and ordering a new BMW 1 Series the other day, I really have realised what a pile of junk the Fiesta mk7 actually is! It looks nice and drives OK I suppose but the internals of this car are shocking, there has been nothing but rattles and other issues since the day I picked up the thing. It's as if they put a toddler inside the Fiesta and gave it a load of cheap plastic to put together. Don't even get me started on the 2012/13 facelift ****EURGH****

Anyway rant over.

Can't for the day when I go to the garage and hand over the keys.

H19

Im with you on this to some extent and would not have a fiesta again either but I certainly dont think it's a bad car. It lacks the refinement of anything in the BMW range and although it drives well compared to the rest of its class, it didnt seem to drive as well as I felt the reviewers all made out. I expected more.

It's very unfair to compare it to a 'premium' car in the segment above though, so unless you were a diehard Fiesta fan it was always going to loose. I think the Fiesta is the better looking of the two, in both facelift and prefacelift guise.

I wouldn't rule out owning another Ford as I feel my old Focus ST was the best car I have owned. The new Focus ST is really growing on me too and could well be a future purchase. I'm looking forward to driving the 2013 Renaultsport Clio as well though, which might make the decision a little more difficult.

You are comparing apples to oranges, the Fiesta and 1 series are not even in the same class, you can't start comparing cars of a different class like this.

I would say the Fiesta is very good for its class, but even I can't deny the difference in build quality I have noticed between the Fiesta and my new Focus, that though is because they are different classes, and the Focus costs more, (as the 1 series will).

I nearly closed this thread for flame baiting but don't want people to think I'm being bias towards Fords. I wish you all the best with your new car, but there are better ways of saying it :)

I know how you feel, had the same issues, but not with the Fiesta..... had a Citroen C2, that piece of French !Removed! was horrible, the build quality was shocking, pieces of interior started to fall off, whole car rattled like a can full of coins, electronics busted five times, the whole engine had to be pulled out 2 times......

My Fiesta is 4 years old now, has no rattles (driving on 17" alloys and low profile tyres, with 30mm Eibach springs and uprated shocks) and no faults (knock on wood)..... I absolutely love that car :)

I love the word Premium car when applied to a German taxi such as BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. They have their fair share of issues. Friend had a 3 series BMW and he was shocked at the problems he had. Soft alloys, tyres that wore unevenly, turbo failure, software problems, leaking steering rack.

Chopped it in for a MK4 Mondeo and he's had 3 years trouble free motoring!

More expensive don't always mean it's better ;) No car is perfect, and i'm sure BMW have many fault's with their car's, just like every other car maker in the world.

Should never be so quick to slate the UK's best selling car for the past few years. Yes, the Fiesta ain't perfect but it's far better than most car's in it's price range.

Almost forgot to mention the reputation BMW driver's have on the road... :rolleyes:

Only one to watch for build quality is the new ADAM from the GM Turdsters, but I think it's a little too niche to bother the Fez :P

I love the word Premium car when applied to a German taxi such as BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. They have their fair share of issues. Friend had a 3 series BMW and he was shocked at the problems he had. Soft alloys, tyres that wore unevenly, turbo failure, software problems, leaking steering rack.

Chopped it in for a MK4 Mondeo and he's had 3 years trouble free motoring!

Couldn't agree more, hence my inverted commas use of the word 'premium' in my previous post.

I like my Z4 but it is by no means perfect. It has been in the garage for leaky rear light clusters, intermittant USB audio playback, incorrect allignment of headlights (which I could not alter myself because of the self-leveling mechanism on HIDS) and post-purchase, the dealer has been as helpful as any other brand I've experienced (not very...).

Should never be so quick to slate the UK's best selling car for the past few years. Yes, the Fiesta ain't perfect but it's far better than most car's in it's price range.

Exactly the point I was going to make! My mum drives a 59 plate Fiesta, my sister drives a 62 plate *spit* Corsa - if you think the fiesta isn't well screwed together, clearly you've never been near a Corsa! My point is that the Fiesta is the best a small car can be, no rivals come close - hence it's sales figures.

And premium brands don't necessarily mean better build, my dad has a C Class as a company car and that rattles worse than my focus!

Aching for a breaking coming on here and slagging the fiesta off :blink: enjoy the BMW :wub:

In fairness I can't wait to get rid of my Fiesta. For a new Fiesta :P

If they stuck the 3.0 litre ecoboost in the new Mondeo I would chop the Fiesta for one!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club