Photo

Ford Focus St With A Diesel Engine

Focus ST modification diesel

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Most I've ever seen from the 1.6 TDCi engine is 153bhp... And that's a heavily modded fiesta...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I don't know where you get your rempas done but you've been mugged mate ...... I have a mapped 2.0 Diesel and get no where near 200Ps!

???

#18 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 668 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

As far as I can see, there definitely is a market out there for a sporty diesel hatchback in the Ford lineup. Other manufactures I think have seen this and have updated their line up accordingly. The VW Golf GTD is a good example of taking part out of the GTI and using a diesel engine instead. I see quite a lot of them on the roads in Ireland and would be very tempted to have one if only the resale price would go down.
The other option would be to have a Sport Pack available as an option for every model in the diesel line up. This could include visual upgrades such as a bodykit, spoilers, uprated suspension (shocks and springs), stiffer anti roll bars in order to get a better handling car. This could be made available as an upgrade package or standalone items from the Ford dealer network for purchase. I myself would be more interested in suspension upgrades more than anything else. Another idea would be to have a Racing division of Ford, that would offer these tweaks through the dealer network. This could be similar to Nismo/Renault Sport/AMG/M division. Correct me if I am wrong if this is already available.
Anyone has any links to companies that could offer such a package as an aftermarket deal? Anyone else interested in these options for their car to try to sort out a Owners club deal? :P

So far my research threw up these options:

Shocks and springs kit - Bilstein B12 Pro Kit
http://www.demon-twe...m-and-rear-30mm

Roll bar - Whiteline Performance roll bars Front and rear
http://www.demon-twe...-anti-roll-bars
http://www.demon-twe...22mm-rear-bar-2

Remap - Bluefin by Superchips
http://www.mybluefin...e=2&variant=183
http://www.demon-twe...lay-ecu-upgrade

I just wish I had the funds to start on this project. Reckon the roll bars would be the first to go in as they are not too expensive and would provide more bang for the buck. I better start saving now!

#19 Makefish

Makefish

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate 2.0 TDCI
  • Year: 2012

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Nice choice of parts there Hassen .... although springs and bars are for MkII not the MkIII?

Would personally go for the remap first as the standard chassis setup can easily handle the power upgrade.

#20 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Nice choice of parts there Hassen .... although springs and bars are for MkII not the MkIII?

Would personally go for the remap first as the standard chassis setup can easily handle the power upgrade.

Thanks man.

Yea, the roll bars and spring kit are confusing me a bit to be honest. My car is a Focus mk2 Facelifted i.e mk2.5 1.6 TDCI 2010 Zetec. It was imported from the UK and she lives in Ireland now. The websites I been looking at all seem to throw confusing parts for my car as the year is close to the year the mk3 came about. Any help would be appreciated to clear my confusion about what will fit on my car i.e anti roll bars, suspension kit and remap.
Cheers

#21 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,779 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thanks man.

Yea, the roll bars and spring kit are confusing me a bit to be honest. My car is a Focus mk2 Facelifted i.e mk2.5 1.6 TDCI 2010 Zetec. It was imported from the UK and she lives in Ireland now. The websites I been looking at all seem to throw confusing parts for my car as the year is close to the year the mk3 came about. Any help would be appreciated to clear my confusion about what will fit on my car i.e anti roll bars, suspension kit and remap.
Cheers

Your focus chassie is the same from 2005 up to the new model in 2011,
Most parts sales list for mk2 which is the same chassie as the 2008-2011 model focus,
Any parts for a 2005 onwards focus will fit the 2010 model because if you remove the panels they are identical chassie, sub frame etc.
Only difference is the wiring loom on early 2005 models and the fitment of dpf on 2008 onwards models.
You may want to contact bluefin though to ensure the remap wont effect the operations of your dpf regeneration,
But anything from 2005 mk2 onwards is 100% mate

#22 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Cheers Lenny. Clears up a lot of things in my mind. Started to save now to achieve them things. Think the Bluefin remap by Superchips will be top of my list. There is an official dealer/garage that does it in Dublin I think. I have to look into it to see how much it will cost, but thinking might go the DIY route as you can put the maps on or off as many times as you want. That's my understanding of it as long as it only works with your own car.

#23 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: Audi A5 Cabriolet + Mini Cooper
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Hi,agreed, I have the 1.6 remapped and up to around 200ps, however it'll go further, and I can get upwards of 57mpg and 32mpg at its worst. The car to purchase is cheaper than a diesel, the fuel costs less per litre and there is no DPF to worry about...
Chris

When I was looking at the new ST a few weeks back I was speeking with the manager who mentoned that they are currently working on the 1.6 to produce 250ps to replace the 2.0 currently in the ST. Not sure if the efficiency would improve much on the 2.0 ecoboost rating of about 29mpg. But if you say lowest of 32 with a remapped 1.6 ecoboost then a 1.6 focus ST would definately be a better idea than a 2.0 tdci ST.

#24 Andy H Dibley

Andy H Dibley

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Being from the petrol camp, I've not got much to add except, they all sound like tractors when cold...

With that, I'm out of here! :-P

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users