Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk4 Brakes

Andy_fezz

Hi there, Basically I'm wondering if anyone could advise me..I'm wondering what's needed to change the solid discs to vented ones.

So far I've got new vented discs,pads and the calipers/carriers... Is there anything else I need? Cheers in advance :)

that should be everything, i take it the brake hoses are the same length for the new calipers?

Im afraid that's an unknown lol unless anyone else knows that on here? I'd strongly assume they would be?

I had doubts I'd need something to do with hubs?

Also will they fit on standard steel rims?

Sorry for the 20 questions...

Im afraid that's an unknown lol unless anyone else knows that on here? I'd strongly assume they would be?

I had doubts I'd need something to do with hubs?

Also will they fit on standard steel rims?

Sorry for the 20 questions...

Im not entirely sure on that but i would have thought that the steering knuckle and hub would be the same across all models

what is the difference in size of the discs?

Sadly I have no idea on either.... But that was my thoughts of it all being similar across the range due to production costs etc...the fiesta I cut them off looked the same set up as mine (hub wise etc) they've had an advisery so was keen to fit them soon :/

ok so after a quick check, they are both 240mm diameter but the solid are 10mm thick where as the vented are 20mm

so i would think its safe to say they use the same knuckle/hub setup and the calipers and carriers you have got are enough.

Yeah that's the school boy error I found as I went to fit the vented on solids lol

I'm just one for wanting it all present then do the task..

Well seems do able then? Not a boy racer mod by the way was only a couple pound extra so thought no harm lol

Shall attempt it on my next day off :)

Moving to the Fiesta section.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club