Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal

Ladyowner

So do you metal owners think they're worth paying the extra for?

Im impressed with how economic they are considering what they are actually, I'm guessing they're not too expensive to run from what you guys have said?

My S1600 is currently averaging 43.8 MPG, which i think is impressive considering the performance on offer. On a gentle run, i got over 50MPG, but that was keeping it at about 60MPH.

I had a black car before my white S1600. Although the black was more effort, when you wax or polish it, you did get the rewards the depth of color could really be seen, it was hard work.

The white still needs regular cleaning to keep it looking good, but it won't show scratches like black did!

That doesn't sound too bad. Around town? I've only had my diesel just under a year but I figured if I can't do anything to it I might as well cut my losses and buy a metal in terms of performance and extra toys

Around town, I think it will be lower, but my commute is mainly a- roads and dual carriageways, with a little bit of town driving at the end.

Also it depends how you drive, if I pushed the car harder then of course that MPG would drop.

I do mostly urban driving (70mile/week, max speed 50mph) and over 14500miles it's returning 38.7mpg on the computer which I suppose is fairly OK for a sporty hatchback. I certainly noticed the improvement in fuel after going from my Fiesta ST to the S1600.

On the performance side I wouldn't necessarily call it brisk though. According to the tech spec's there is only 0.3/sec difference between the 0.60 times of the Mk6 ST and S1600 but it feels a tad strangulated if you ever try to achieve that. 1st gear is overly long and the other 4 seem a tad short legged if you ask me.

On the other hand the interior is about 50 times more pleasurable to be in than the old ST, what with the bluetooth, leather trim, Motorsport scuff plates and floor mats and other bits you get in it.

I got my white fiesta metal in October and I LOVE it! Drives amazing and very comfortable :) fuel consumption is good...I get about 350 miles to a tank which costs around £50. The gadgets are great, also a good onward selling point. The only thing I will say and agree with the ppl on here is.....it gets so dirty lol. I clean mine every Sunday...and by Monday it's dirty again! Although I wouldn't change the colour as I think White comes up the best when clean especially against the black wheels! I love my little metal and I'm sure you will too :)

Xx

Thanks im sure l will. I will probably get in sometime next week so im getting excited now! I've become quite attached to the black now but I am aware of the dirt and being a horse owner its certainly going to be fun for me to keep clean!

Nice looking cars, I had a good look round one in the showroom when they first came out and wanted one ! . The only drawback for me would be the extra insurance premium for a 1.6 petrol on these due to the performance extras

Well I checked with my insurers with the exact reg of my new car and it was a massive amount of £19.11 including my £17.50 admin charge lol so i already have that covered

Well I checked with my insurers with the exact reg of my new car and it was a massive amount of £19.11 including my £17.50 admin charge lol so i already have that covered

Mines dead cheap aswell! Cheaper than my old 2005 Zetec s :)

I just saw the big difference in groups so presumed it would be expensive for a 1.6, i saw it was group 17 which is up there with my rs2000

And to be honest isn't that bad to insure so maybe not as bad as i thought !

Yes, but don't forget:

Its a newer car, thus stronger, so less damage is likely to be done in a crash,

Its also likely to be more secure, so less likely to be stolen,

Parts for older models are often not in production, so getting them can be harder, and more expensive.

Power isn't everything :).

Yea I saw that too that's why I checked it out with my insurers because I really wanted it the car and wanted to here it from the insurers for an exact amount. So looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am pleased to announce that as of Friday just gone I am the proud owner of a black fiesta metal :D

nicely done B)

the drop in mpg compared to your previous car is well worth it!

Nice one, I also received my metal Friday too (but in white) and I can honestly say the car is an absolute dream to drive. It has the performance if you need it but also balances well with economy. I for one couldn't be happier and wished I brought one sooner. ^_^

Yea im the same. Absolutely love it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club