Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal

Ladyowner

Ok so I was previously talking about modifying my fiesta but I am tempted to give in to the temptation of the I fiesta metal. Does anyone have any pros, cons or warnings for me. I'm going to test drive one and see if I like it but I'm very interested in it. Thanks all

The metals are very nice im sure you'll enjoy the test drive theyre normally quicker than standard fiestas aswell as coning with a full leather interior etc its basically the fiesta zooped up :)

Thanks for the reply, yes the scary thought is that Im sure I'll like it but i will need to weigh it up financially. Obviously I'm aware it will cost more in fuel than my diesel (which I don't really use, I don't do long journeys, lots of shorts) but do you know if they are very guzzly?

You will love it! Such a nice sound, so many extra's toys! heated seats and leather :)

mpg ----- well on a run I got 43mpg, around town it was 39mpg.

Which was good, I only sold mine to get a focus econetic due to work circumstances.

Try to find one with usb/bt of course, Spare wheel, Keyless start is a good option too.

Some even have rear back up cameras fitted.

Good luck with your search.

Diesels are only generally only more fuel efficient when your doing long drives ie commuting a long distance to work so you'll probably actually save a bit of money if you're only doing short distances

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I really want one but finding one near me is a nightmare, I definitely want to test drive before I buy but I know they're starting to go in my range. Normally id just check every week or something to see if one pops up but I won't guarantee that they will now that that shape isn't around anymore :( ive noticed there is a 1.6 zetec s1600 with 134... In terms of performance is this the same if I can find one to test drive and then maybe just buy a metal I want?

The s1600 and metals are exactly the same car, just different colour schemes. Beware as the S1600 came in two models. One with 120bhp and one with 134bhp. I have the 134bhp so the same as the metal you'll be driving. I absolutely love my car!! Had it over a year and it never fails to make me smile. The noise when you're in 2nd / 3rd and put your foot down, love it :P

So comfy to drive and loaded with gadgets. The car is a real head turner to. I've never had so many random people ask about my car.

As for mpg I get 33 around town but I get bad traffic on my 18 mile round trip to work

Right I've decided I want one. I was intending on a white one but can get a better deal on a black one. I'm in two minds now whether the white one looks sportier or the black. Your opinions on that could help me make a decision because its only the colour that's bugging me! Thing is i don't think id be unhappy with a black one to be fair...

White - shows scratches less, but common colour.

Black - shows any scratch that comes near, less common and a bit "sportier".

You might want to add that white is a dirt magnet, so be prepared to wash it every weekend if you want it looking good all the time :)

You might want to add that white is a dirt magnet, so be prepared to wash it every weekend if you want it looking good all the time :)

So is black lol

So is black lol

Black is poison too, I have a black car at the minute. Every little mark and scratch show up. Lighter colours seems to be a bit easier in the long run .

White shows it least because it's thicker paint and they use a white primer for all colours, so they show easily.

White looks better but everyone has a white fiesta. Black on black looks good though. Black cars are the worst for looking dirty I reckon but the best when they're clean

Hmmm the scratch thing does concern me but I have put myself in for a black one that's arriving at a dealership in march. Unless it gets a lot if scratches I guess its not a massive deal, at the end of the day we all fuss over any scratches in our car and it'll annoy us whether its visible to others or not! :P

White is very common these days. Every other car on the road is white. It's annoying too that ford have started to charge for the white paint because of the trend

Same here, the ZS only really suits the red, white, silver and black. Don't think a the candy blue and such would look right with the body kit.

Nah, Silver.

Looks cleaner for longer and the car looks bigger and more striking.

I think silver shows the lines of a car much better.

(not biased in any way)

Na im not a big fan of silver cars. I've opted for the black. You guys have been a great help in my decision with the confirmation of the performance without a ridiculous amount of fuel consumption that isn't justified and with the colours. Mine doesn't turn up until march so unless there's anything wrong with it I will be a proud owner then :)

Actually one quick question. Am I right in thinking leather seats with front ones heated, alloy pedals, voice command, black alloys and usb and bt are all standard or are any of them extras?

I wanted silver, but I'm sick of mine showing every tiny scratch.

They're all standard mods on the metal and S1600