Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Plate Fiesta Diesel Fuel Consumption

Grisidis

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice please- I've had my fiesta from new and I love it, however the last 2 tanks of fuel are going a lot quicker than any I've had before. I haven't changed style of driving (if anything I've been extra careful with acceleration and braking since I saw the fuel needle dropping faster) - but I am at a loss as to what's happened, it's getting quite bad (about 300 miles to a tank). My daily commute is about 20 miles, mostly motorway. Does anyone have any ideas- is it definitely something I am doing, or do I need to try some of that stuff you put in the fuel tank to clean it maybe? I normally fill up at sainsburys but the last 2 tanks have been from BP and Total.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

It's a 1.3 Zetec diesel.

Thanks

No such thing as as a 1.3 diesel, 1.4 or 1.6. How many miles has it done?

Be aware that in winter time cars do tend to use more fuel, so that might be what you are seeing?

At 22k your car may need a service I think the intervals are 1 year or 12500 miles 2 years or 24k

I mainly get around 350 miles in my 1.6 tdci. But i do maninly drive like i have stolen it half the time.

I mainly get around 350 miles in my 1.6 tdci. But i do maninly drive like i have stolen it half the time.

That's rubbish m8 I drive mine like I stole it almost all the time im always been asked if my trainers are made of lead and get 420ish miles and I have a 1.6 tdci zs

God knows then maybe mine is just a thirsty thing , been in for its service recently and had mostly all the normal things changed, not the fuel filter though. Not really to sure in what to look into for high fuel consumption.

Last full tank was about 42mpg I think and yea I do thrash it about a lot and do lots of shorts journeys, a diesal car wasn't the best option really. But I have a company car aswell and that's a petrol 2 litre and I thrash that about and I think I just carry it over. A tank does last me a month though

Well thrashing it and short journeys I'm not surprise you only get 42mpg I normally get 50ish but I do long journeys

I get 48MPG (as shown in my sig) and I do about 20 miles a day every weekday to work on dual carriageways and urban roads.

I drive gentle and don't thrash it.

Was hoping for better TBH

I know think I am lucky to get that tbh, just filled up yesterday so I will see how long it lasts me and how low/high my mpg is

My driving is about 2.5 miles to work uban driving and then pick my company car up and then 2.5 miles back from work at home time. Think I should get a skateboard.

Erm maybe because a deisel definitely wasn't meant for small journeys like that your engine will coke up in notime not to mention the dpf issues you will get

Mine doesnt have a dpf i believe because its a from 2009? I may be mistaken though. Normally on the weekend i do take it on the motorway for a blowout though or every other weekend.

No your right dpf fitted from 2009 a petrol would have been better and cheaper for you though especially if you like lead foot driving like me I only have a deisel because I do the distance that its better for me

I know what you mean, when i orignally got the car i was doing around a 50 mile round drive from work and back but then i changed jobs. Got to say still love the kick you get out of them especially when you changed it to second and the turbo kicks in, left a few petrols in my rear view mirror.

Yep the torque is brilliant given more than a few boy racers a good look at the back of my car lol

I've done 23k in 15 months, so diesel for me is good :P

I get 54mpg average mpg over last 11k (haven't reset clock since last service)

I've had first service, may get second booked for next month just to make sure all looks ok. Maybe it's the cold weather making it worse for me. Thanks for the replies!

Hi off to Scotland for a week about 14k on clock 7k since service so have booked her in for oil change/ flush and injector clean will see what I get 52 MPG is the norm. 50 pound all in TCH Derby Rapid Fit.

Hi off to Scotland for a week about 14k on clock 7k since service so have booked her in for oil change/ flush and injector clean will see what I get 52 MPG is the norm. 50 pound all in TCH Derby Rapid Fit.

That's a good deal I normally get 52ish when I work it out 49ish according to the car