Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Problem :( Mk1 1.8 Zetec

danfocuszetec

Hi everyone, got a new problem,

i cleaned the throttle body yesterday i didnt take it off just opened up the throttle and cleaned it with a clean cloth and i sprayed the spring next to the throttle body with wd40 because it was rusty,

and took off the throttle sensor(dont know the real name for it) just had alook and put it back on.

and now it trys and stalls when i pull off from standstill (it has once but i keep stoping it) and when i put my foot down from standstill it dies and if i let it it would die but i put da clutch down and rev it and it pulls off fine after that,

and one more thing when im flat out and change gear and put my foot down agen it judderes really bad.

this has happened since yesterday.

thanks inadvance.

someone said it could be the speed sensor? but i aint touched it and its only happened since i didnt the above.

I assume on this Focus the throttle was electronically controlled? I did mine the other day too (Coincidence) but instead of spraying the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) wiring, I put petroleum jelly on it.

I also took the Throttle Body off the car too and cleaned it thoroughly with carb cleaner and the air intake into the engine too. It now runs smooth and faster again.

Out of interest, what did you clean the throttle body with?

I assume on this Focus the throttle was electronically controlled? I did mine the other day too (Coincidence) but instead of spraying the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) wiring, I put petroleum jelly on it.

I also took the Throttle Body off the car too and cleaned it thoroughly with carb cleaner and the air intake into the engine too. It now runs smooth and faster again.

Out of interest, what did you clean the throttle body with?

na its cable, i didnt use anythink to clean it as i didnt have anythink i just used a cloth i had in my garage just to wipe the dirt away, any idea's what it could be?

found out what it is i plugged my code reader in just to see if it came up with anythink and it came up with code p0102 which is maf circuit low input, i dont know what it means anyone know what has caused this and how to fix it?

fixed it :) a wire broke in half off my maf so connected it back together and all good now thanks grumpy321 for your help. still dont know how it did it.

Wires after a time get brittle. You possibly snagged it when cleaning about. Easy and cheap fix in the end anyway.

yeah ideal it was that really, they do look abit weak tbf im guna buy a new set of wires for it i fink there not that expensive.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club