Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Gator Protectors

STEADS

Has any one on here used this product just come across it searching for alloy wheel protectors looks a good bit of kit especially when its costing in the region of 300 to have your alloys refurbed http://www.alloygator.co.uk/home.asp like to see feedback if anyone has used and how they rate it

isnt this the reason why tyres have lip protectors on them?? looks like a good idea tho

thats ok,i have (i think) these lip protectors on the tyres on my smax,until you get a bit too close to a kerb and it takes a chunk out of the side wall. :(

This was discussed at great length on the kia forum, they are a very good idea to protect the rim, but are no good if you clip a high curb :)

ive seen a lot of bad reviews about it. there is another similar product called rim blades, available in Halfords...so far only good reviews!

can we have a link to the bad reviews to the alloy gator protectors?

the only reviews if seen have all been good

and iv had a look at Halfords website and they dont have rim blades listed

must admit not keen on the idea of it fitting it within where the tyre seals had a look at the rim blades and as far as i can see they go on the outer actually on the wheel.

I'm interested in purchasing some sort of rim protection for peace of mind when the missus is driving.

Tyre gator are a bit pricey though for what they are its not worth 60 pounds ex delivery but I suppose they can charge what they want because they haven't yet got much competition

must admit not keen on the idea of it fitting it within where the tyre seals had a look at the rim blades and as far as i can see they go on the outer actually on the wheel.

I've just watched the video on fitting of the tyre gator in the first link on the first post of this topic.

I bet the guy uses super glue and hammer to fix everything lol people want to protect their rims, not wack them 30-40 times with a mallet resulting in a ring indent from the gator in the rim when removed. Not to mention they expect you to pay over 50 pounds for a circular strip that you then cut to fit lol no chance.

These look better though.

http://www.alloywheelrefurbishment.ie/rim-ringz-the-original-rim-protector/

Still sit between rubber and rim but not consistantly, just in spots

No cutting or glueing though.

If you order a size you get rings not strips

The best way i have found to save my rims is not let the wife drive it :) , there does seem some good products out there though

:) , there does seem some good products out there though

Going to get one of those electro shock terapy kits for when the missus is driving

One pad on the left arm

One pad on the right arm

When she aims for the kerb,

Shock the arm on the opposite side

Causing the mussles to contract

Turning the steering wheel in the opposite direction

and saving the rim

Lmao

See you all on Dragons Den sponserd by tomtom

Loving the sound of it Lenny... Can I place an order?

Not sure who I will use it on yet as the Mrs doesnt drive, but its a regulated tazer kit... gotta be useful somewhere :D

Loving the sound of it Lenny... Can I place an order?

Not sure who I will use it on yet as the Mrs doesnt drive, but its a regulated tazer kit... gotta be useful somewhere :D

Saw it on TV before with a guy trying to eat a bowl of cereal lol

Saw it on TV before with a guy trying to eat a bowl of cereal lol

Start selling them Lenny you will make a fortune :) , this of course will help with the "Bat Wings " as well :)

Start selling them Lenny you will make a fortune :) , this of course will help with the "Bat Wings " as well :)

Lmao scream Bingo! Each time the shock is administerd,

Or side sensors fitted to the car and when it sences a obsicle it sounds just like an AED "shock advised" lmao

Lmao scream Bingo! Each time the shock is administerd,

Or side sensors fitted to the car and when it sences a obsicle it sounds just like an AED "shock advised" lmao

lmao