Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Focus Error Codes Problem

Phil1957

I have a 2006 focus 1.8tdci which recently has decide to throw out error codes. This started with the power steering warning light flashing on then off again once. Then it wouldn`start because the immobiliser came in. Then the dash lit up like Blackpool illuminations, then the lights went out one by one and everything was back to normal. This has happened three times and in between it has run fine apart from frying the battery. Can anybody shed some light on this. This has all happened in the last 2 weeks.

Your first port of call would be to have a diagnostic run on it with a code reader. Then you can start to find out whats going on.

i think the clue is in the answer it fried the battery which suggests the battery was lead acid and not silver calcium which will cause it to fry as well as cause serious electrical gremlins the lights are dash diagnostics which indicate a low or not fully charging battery silver calcium battery only on these cars

i think the clue is in the answer it fried the battery which suggests the battery was lead acid and not silver calcium which will cause it to fry as well as cause serious electrical gremlins the lights are dash diagnostics which indicate a low or not fully charging battery silver calcium battery only on these cars

. The problem occurred again after the battery was replaced by the ford dealer. I am now thinking it could be a key problem.

the key wouldnt cause those symptoms didnt the dealer look into how or why the battery was fried

Your first port of call would be to have a diagnostic run on it with a code reader. Then you can start to find out whats going on.

The dealer has run diagnotic checks and erased the error codes but the problem has returned. They did find a dodgy connection on friday which they repaired and it has been good all weekend.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club