Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spraying Exterior Plastics - Help Needed

b1g_dav3

Hey, thinking of spraying the exterior plastics on my car gloss black, unless matt black is cheaper (oem kind of look). Probably do it on both my current car and then the one coming (as the buyer for my car likes the idea too :P )

- Front grills (both)

- Fog Light Surrounds

- Mirror Plastics

- Rear Valance

Basically how do I go about this? Do I need really to get them done professionally?

If professional, what's the cheapest way to go but get a good job? And if not, what's the best way to get a good looking job?

Only problem being is removal of the back valance, and I'm not a fan of trying to paint it with it on the car :P

- Thanks

Plastics are fairly easy to spray. Did you not spray your interior plastics not too long ago? Just basically make sure you use proper plastic primer, you can get gloss black spray and then clear lacquer it. You'll be able to get a can of plastic primer, spray paint and lacquer for about £12-18 from Halfords and its works fine. I colour coded my front grill and wing mirrors using their stuff and looks great also did my center console inside the car

Nah never done the interior, if I was to match my exterior paint I'd go from silver to silver lol. Just want to make sure it's OEM quality, not just the front sprayed of the grill and the middles are all normal grey lol. Might see how much it costs to vinyl wrap if it's cheap enough.

Its fairly easy to do and after doing it myself it does give you a good feeling of satisfaction having done something yourself lol. I was actually thinking about getting my full car vinyl wrapped matt black like the RS500 :) think it would look fairly decent :) Never had any wrapping done before though so im not sure about it lol

My experience is carbon wrapping and stuff, so never done the paint side, not a fan of painting myself >.<

Maybe worth taking it to a body shop and getting it done? wouldnt cost that much and it does look fairly decent when done properly :)

I wouldn't want to pay much more than £100, though someone at dad's work may be able to do it me. I'd make carbon fibre one's, but not a clue how if honest, all mine are moulds and carbon sheets >_>

Im lucky as ive got a mate whos a spray painter, he fitted/sprayed my body kit for me dirt cheap :)