Paulospanda

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

Here's a picture of my new pride and joy :D

(Thanks to Peter for the photobucket link, very easy to use)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 gregberry

gregberry

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Name: Greg
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta ST-3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Just my 2 pence worth…
I have had mine over a week now… like I said in my other thread I am really impressed.
The drive adjusts to your driving I have been told so it will show the arrow when to change gear according the person and how you usually drive. I found the arrow used to come up early on the older fiesta and I would just ignore it and stay in gear longer. With the MPG I am currently getting 36mpg and have only done 270 but i don't drive slow, and when I asked my dealer said it will take a long time to bed in and work out the real mpg. Overall, I mean its great can't complain so far. Apart from mine came without aluminium sports pedals but the dealer is fitting them for me. :)

#18 TheMilko

TheMilko

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

I also love the little touch on the seatbelts as well.

Hi, glad your enjoying your new Fiesta.

Just one quick question, what's different about the seat belts?

We have both a Mk7 pre-facelift Fiesta S1600 & a Mk3 Focus Titanium X, but I've not noticed any difference in the seat belts.

Thanks

#19 TheMilko

TheMilko

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Posted Image

Here's a picture of my new pride and joy :D

Looks superb, your making me jealous, I've still not got my delivery date yet for my Panther Black ST2

#20 Paulospanda

Paulospanda

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

The seatbelts have small "Midnight grey" strips down them. I didnt pay much attention to them on the trim specs but It looks pretty good.

I love the front of the STs Milko, hope it arrives soon!

#21 TheMilko

TheMilko

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I love the front of the STs Milko, hope it arrives soon!

Cheers for comment.

I'm hoping it hurries up too.

My current Fiesta (Mk7 Fiesta PB S1600) currently needs a new bumper after I was involved in minor RTA last week on the M1. Just waiting for the bodyshop to get the parts and then the front end will be repaired and resprayed. Someone will now get themselves a real bargain. The only thing that was wrong with Fiesta was the pitting on the front bumper after doing 1000's of motorway miles.

Sorry it was off topic.

#22 Electric_Orange

Electric_Orange

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta S1600

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

First time posting on the site but I've been an on and off again long time reader (since 2007).

We've just swapped my fiance's 2011 1.25 Zetec for a 100PS Zetec Ecoboost and at first we too were a bit miffed at the driving experience. We both decided that it could do with an extra gear like the Focus instead of the 5 speeder fitted on the Fiesta.
To me it appears that its been geared just a tad too high for economy's sake. Whilst this is beneficial on the motorway as you settle into a 70mph(ish) cruise around 2500rpm, it leaves the engine labouring at town speeds if you try to use 4th.
That said if you get it right and surf the turbo torque beween 1700-3000rpm the engine is mighty fun compared to the 1.25 or 1.4 Duratec of old. Plus the fact that it isn't costing a penny in tax means that even with a few extra £'s at the pump you can have a fun car that doesn't break the bank too much.

I'm currently awaiting a Zetec S 125PS for myself in exchange for my S1600 so I'll be interested to see what the higher output is like in exchange for the 1.6 mouth-breather...

P.S. We've just clocked up 800miles in ours (probably 50/50 urban/motorway) and we're getting 38.5mpg avg since day 1. I might reset the avg trip after 1000 and see what occurs.

#23 Paulospanda

Paulospanda

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm glad someoneelse agrees.

I love my car and I can easily adapt to holding out in the lower gears but I was very suprised this wasnt mentioned (Clearly) by any of the reviews, so I started to worry if my engine was broken in some way.

#24 leedebs

leedebs

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: lee
  • Ford Model: KA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

IMG_0627_zps3d95d266.jpg

Here's a picture of my new pride and joy biggrin.png

Very nice, any chance you can take pics of the dash/bezel & also some at night as well

Also do you get the heated seat switches on the dash or on the side of the seats like the all leather pack?

Mate has just ordered a black titanium x with leather pack

Edited by leedebs, 11 April 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#25 Russdaz

Russdaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Darren

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Got a new White Zetec 100hp version and have to say i am surprised some people talking of lacking power in lower rev's. I have found mine to pull very easily in 4th at 30mph, properly equal to that of old mk3 2.0ltr tdci Mondeo which this car has replaced.

Been very amazed at how well this little car performs, did wonder if id regret getting something so small but so far the engine hasn't disappointed at all. 

Pretty much only been town driving in mine, with small 1mile long at best duel carriage way stints and some back roads, ok i havent yet used full throttle or actually rev'd the motor past 4,500rpm as it only has a few hundred miles on the clock, (still on my first tank full) but i havent been granny careful, but i am getting 42mpg, and climbing the more i drive it!. Which is miles better then the 27mpg my tank was doing on the same drive/use.

Question for everyone though what fuel are you putting in?

I noticed when i read on the small print of Fords data that there stated mpg's where with Premium grade fuel, so i filled up with shell v-power, before seeing that the car needs a min requirement of 95ron. 

#26 Fangface

Fangface

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1litre ecoboost
  • Year: 2014

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hey Guys

I picked up my new Titanium X 2013 (125 ecoboost) Fiesta last week after a long wait without a car.

I just want to asked other people with the 100/125 Ecoboost engines for their experience so far, because i'm finding it weird to drive and Im not sure if it's me, an engine problem or something I just need to get used to. Because the car wasn't available when I ordered it for a test drive I actually went in a focus and TBH I think they are very different.

- How do you find the engine at low revs? - The car is rapid when you put your foot down but seems to struggle at cruising speed.

- In other cars I drive I usually race to 5th gear but with the Ecoboost I have to stay in lower gears much longer. Is this Normal?

- 3rd seems to struggle(Can hear the engine) with anything below 26mph. Do you find the same?

- 4th after about 40~42 but I can't really get into 5th until around 48/50. While in other cars I'd get into 5th around 40. Do you find the same?

Maybe it's a case of getting used to it. Everything else about the car is awesome so far. Sync, the heated seats and keyless entry are amazing. I've seen a lot of people talk about "Drive the deal" on here and I can confirm they are great. I got a very good price and everything when through smoothly.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!!

Hi paulospanda with regards to your question on the ecoboost engines I have a fiesta 1litre ecoboost with 900 miles on the clock now and I'm not sure if I like it, but this may change in time. This is my wife's car but have driven it a bit myself and there are a few things I'm not sure on. First is the engine vibrations and noise and yes I know it's a 3 cylinder but still takes some getting used too, and like you mentioned the gear ratio to speed? I have to drive in 3rd gear to keep the car at 30mph and if I shift to fourth it feels like it will stall? Anyone else have the same problem? And as mentioned the mpg is a bit low around 41 mpg but hope this will change when more miles are under the bonet. Otherwise the car is great, well equipped and fast, and an improvement on my 11 plate zetec 1.25 (82) but just wish the mpg, gear ratio/ speed will improve to tick all the boxes. P.s sorry if this post is in the wrong place or layout as I'm still trying to get used to the site! Which I think is great by the way.....later.

#27 Russdaz

Russdaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Darren

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hi paulospanda with regards to your question on the ecoboost engines I have a fiesta 1litre ecoboost with 900 miles on the clock now and I'm not sure if I like it, but this may change in time. This is my wife's car but have driven it a bit myself and there are a few things I'm not sure on. First is the engine vibrations and noise and yes I know it's a 3 cylinder but still takes some getting used too, and like you mentioned the gear ratio to speed? I have to drive in 3rd gear to keep the car at 30mph and if I shift to fourth it feels like it will stall? Anyone else have the same problem? And as mentioned the mpg is a bit low around 41 mpg but hope this will change when more miles are under the bonet. Otherwise the car is great, well equipped and fast, and an improvement on my 11 plate zetec 1.25 (82) but just wish the mpg, gear ratio/ speed will improve to tick all the boxes. P.s sorry if this post is in the wrong place or layout as I'm still trying to get used to the site! Which I think is great by the way.....later.

Vibrations? mine has just 700miles and is much smoother then my past outgoing mk3 mondeo tdci, (had three of them over the years) the engine noise sounds  off beat but thats cause the 3 cylinder, but i think its just as smooth to drive as any 4pot i have driven, in fact i think it feels more like a 5cylinder tbh.

Ok yes have to be in 3rd to drive at 30mph, but only as i find its actually pretty impossible keep the speed that low in 4th its too easy to squeeze a little throttle to end up doing 40mph without knowing it (no increase in engine noise) Can use 4th as low as 25mph before it feels too  much for the engine. mine will actually pull away at 30mph in 5th gear without feeling like its going to stall.

Mpg wise i am getting between 43-46mpg using the fill tank up and reacord milage, trip says 41.5. Which personally is what i expected from my routes.

#28 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Got a new White Zetec 100hp version and have to say i am surprised some people talking of lacking power in lower rev's. I have found mine to pull very easily in 4th at 30mph, properly equal to that of old mk3 2.0ltr tdci Mondeo which this car has replaced.

Been very amazed at how well this little car performs, did wonder if id regret getting something so small but so far the engine hasn't disappointed at all. 

The 100Hp differs from the 125, the 125 seems to lack power at low revs, the 100 seems to pull better "on the road" in many driving situations and seems to be the better choice of the two for most drivers  

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users