Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

martyntdci

Mot Advisory

4 posts in this topic

when my focus was mot'd in jan, we had a advisory on low brake pads. Anyway after taking it to work (heavy rain outside) this morning changed the front discs and pads to brembo's i thought i take a pic of my pads..... didnt quite realise how low they were lol

post-34591-0-81345400-1360526416_thumb.j

when i fitted my new 1's after pushing the pistons back, i took out 40ml of excess brake fluid out of the reservoir with a calpol syringe lol....

Im due a change next week has anybody ever used this :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMMA-BRAKE-FLUID-ESP-DOT-4-FORD-FOCUS-FUSION-GALAXY-/360337088430?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e5c39fae

ive used it a few times its fine just the same as any other fluid really

Dot 4 is Dot 4 who ever makes it so saying its specialy made for cars with esp and abs is utter tosh.The higher the number the higher the boiling point.Most race cars use dot 5 or 6.I use dot 5 in my d h mounting bike to stop brake fade when the oil gets hot under pressure...

and dont bother buying from ebay... go to your local motor factors and you might find they are cheaper!