• FOC Supporters
  • 8,594 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Hi all,
Im planning to paint my front calipers in the coming weeks and I'm thinking to paint either
Red
Or
Yellow (dull yellow)

What do you guys suggest?

Here is a side image if anyone wants to photoshop

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Rh1no

Rh1no

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Name: Rhino
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'm thinking of doing mine red :)

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,594 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'm thinking of doing mine red :)

Would match the S badges nicely on the fenders,
Maybe some silver brembo high heat resistant vynil decals for on top of the red.
Sounds good mate,

#4 Rh1no

Rh1no

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Would match the S badges nicely on the fenders,
Maybe some silver brembo high heat resistant vynil decals for on top of the red.
Sounds good mate,

That sounds like a plan!

#5 Rh1no

Rh1no

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Let me know what stuff you buy Lenny :)

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,594 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Let me know what stuff you buy Lenny :)

I've used foliatec caliper paint twice before,
It comes in two tins along with an aerosol can of cleaner, I recommend going to your local pound shop and buying a pyrex jug with measurements printed on the side of it to use for mixing the paint to the lacquar for best results.
I've also painted the engine block on my first car with the stuff,
Hopfully my local halfords has got it in stock this Thursday, if they do then hopfully get good weather at the weekend.

Id buy it on ebay but it would be stopped by customs in the uk prior to dispatch due to the can of spray inside,
So I've gotta pay halfords prices on this one.

Here are some pictures of using it before lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I would go for the Red as well Lenny , it will match in nice with the Silver

#8 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,594 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

I would go for the Red as well Lenny , it will match in nice with the Silver

Thanks mate,
Just checked Halfords online store for foliatec rosso red caliper paint and its out of stock in both stores that are close to me.
What brand of paint did you use on yours mate?

#9 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

This is what i used Lenny E-Tech
http://www.ebay.co.u...1936942&afsrc=1

available in different colours

#10 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi
  • Year: 2005

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Think I mentioned to you before that I went for a dark blue on my Machine Silver Mondeo ZS to match the blue in the centre caps. Had thought about red to tie in with the S badges I had on it as well, but given how common red calipers are round these parts I preferred the more subtle dark blue. Really bright pinks, greens and blues seem the choice option around the town hall car park these days though! Wouldn't be too keen on the brembo decals if I'm honest, but they do look well in that pic of your first car so go for it.

Have done the calipers on my Focus as well with the same tin and love the match with my Jeans Blue paint and the blue in the centre caps. I've had a look through my pics but can't seem to find any of my calipers on either car. Plan on getting a wheel refurb in the next month or two as well so will be giving the calipers a freshen up when I do.

I went for a tin of Hammerite and just brushed it on.

#11 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,594 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

This is what i used Lenny E-Tech
http://www.ebay.co.u...942&afsrc=1

available in different colours

Looks good mate,
Shame I can't get it shipped over though,
Think I'll make the journey to the halfords store 2hours away that still has the foliatec in stock.
Doesn't look as though the weather will be up to it this weekend for painting them but atleast I'll have the kit ready.

Think I mentioned to you before that I went for a dark blue on my Machine Silver Mondeo ZS to match the blue in the centre caps. Had thought about red to tie in with the S badges I had on it as well, but given how common red calipers are round these parts I preferred the more subtle dark blue. Really bright pinks, greens and blues seem the choice option around the town hall car park these days though! Wouldn't be too keen on the brembo decals if I'm honest, but they do look well in that pic of your first car so go for it.

Have done the calipers on my Focus as well with the same tin and love the match with my Jeans Blue paint and the blue in the centre caps. I've had a look through my pics but can't seem to find any of my calipers on either car. Plan on getting a wheel refurb in the next month or two as well so will be giving the calipers a freshen up when I do.

I went for a tin of Hammerite and just brushed it on.

Sounds good mate,
But tell the truth about the brembo decals lol loads of people actually thought they were proper brembo.
I've used hammerite smooth finish silver on the rear drums and worked well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

But tell the truth about the brembo decals lol

Haha! I know you're open to opinions and take them the right way, as they're just that - opinions and nothing more, so I'm happy enough to be up front knowing you won't take offence. Really grates my cheese when people come on to a forum asking opinions, then get ratty if the opinions they've just asked for aren't exactly what they wanted to hear! But I digress...

Luckily enough pal you seem to have a serious knack of making the right choice when it comes to your wagon so I'd be confident whatever you go for will be done to a high standard and ultimately match in with the standards you've already set and complement the look of the rest of the car.

Hammerite smooth is the stuff aye, rear drums looking well. Are you keeping them silver or gonna do them the same colour you do the front calipers?

By the way, I just used the online stock-checker for that paint in my local Halfords and it came up as in stock for a quantity of one, but not for two. If you want to look into the cost of me grabbing it for you and posting it down, as opposed to the 2hr diesel money, just let me know. I go past the store pretty much every day so wouldn't be any hassle.

This is the right stuff isn't it? Nearly half price too! http://www.halfords....tegoryId_212506

#13 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,594 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Haha! I know you're open to opinions and take them the right way, as they're just that - opinions and nothing more, so I'm happy enough to be up front knowing you won't take offence. Really grates my cheese when people come on to a forum asking opinions, then get ratty if the opinions they've just asked for aren't exactly what they wanted to hear! But I digress...

Luckily enough pal you seem to have a serious knack of making the right choice when it comes to your wagon so I'd be confident whatever you go for will be done to a high standard and ultimately match in with the standards you've already set and complement the look of the rest of the car.
Hammerite smooth is the stuff aye, rear drums looking well. Are you keeping them silver or gonna do them the same colour you do the front calipers?

By the way, I just used the online stock-checker for that paint in my local Halfords and it came up as in stock for a quantity of one, but not for two. If you want to look into the cost of me grabbing it for you and posting it down, as opposed to the 2hr diesel money, just let me know. I go past the store pretty much every day so wouldn't be any hassle.

This is the right stuff isn't it? Nearly half price too! http://www.halfords....tegoryId_212506

I don't take offence to opinions at all, and agree some people can get very ratty when they don't like your input.
I plan to keep the drums smooth silver, I prefer them to look like discs.
Thanks for the kind words on choice of mods too, I always run any ideas through the forum first just to be sure I'm not about to wreck it lol
The link you have their for foliatec is exactly the stuff mate.
Only halfords this side of Dublin that has it in stock is waterford,
Very kind of you to offer to purchase and post, if you didn't mind doing it for me I'll pay you 50euro to cover cost of item,postage and your time. I can send you payment on thursday 14th Febuary via PayPal
A halfords paper bag cut and turned inside out would do for shipping cover,
Bit of selotape on it.

#14 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Good call on the drums I reckon, looks a lot cleaner than if you went with red to match the calipers.

Will PM you about the caliper paint.

#15 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,594 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Good call on the drums I reckon, looks a lot cleaner than if you went with red to match the calipers.

Will PM you about the caliper paint.

Thanks mate,
Don't think I'll be welding on brackets to hold fake calipers like the guys in mighty mods neither lol
Think its this episode:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calipers, painting calipers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users