Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch.

blue flash

I had the clutch changed on my 2005 focus diesel after 42 k mlies,(car was second hand when i had it)now its just tipped 70k.the biting point was about half way on the pedal.this morn the biting point is right at the end (pedal up).anyone think the clutch is on its way out again?? i dont ride it,dont pull a trailer just normail driving.and whay clutch does the forum think i should put back in.thanks for any help guys..

I would expect the clutch to have lasted longer than that, but it could be another part of the clutch system.

Have you checked your hydraulic fluid level?

th ebite point is naturally high on every ford and most vws ive driven as well as seats etc its the hydraulic clutch so no its not on its way out my mk1 had a new clutch kit fitted and the bite point was halfway after about 4 months it was at the usual high point the ford dealer let me try half a dozen cars and they were all various fords and all the same

Just check the obvious, check the the fluid level in the brake/clutch resovoir, try pumping the clutch with the engine off in neutral this might help it adjust, that is one negative of a hydraulic clutch there is no feel of whats happening as it always finds its own way, a similar phenomenon happened to mine when i stopped to talk to someone the other day i held the clutch and brakes together hence why i suggest having a good pump ;) it seems the fluid takes a while to return properly as mine returned to normal after the pump.

thanks guys,theres no fluid loss anywhere and have tried pumping it but still seams to be the same.so i'll keep driving it and see what happens.cheers.

In that case i would probably be leaning towards the Slave and Master cylinder, did you have those changed with the clutch?

its not worth just having a clutch fitted always a full kit with slave cylinder if the slave cylinder has gone youll find oil coming out the bell housing under the car

no cylinders wernt changed when the clutch was.the thing i dont understand is,the clutch is working fine.theres no loss of fluid,no seals leaking,no pressure loss on pedal.just that the biting point has moved.

no cylinders wernt changed when the clutch was.the thing i dont understand is,the clutch is working fine.theres no loss of fluid,no seals leaking,no pressure loss on pedal.just that the biting point has moved.

probably air in the system, try pumping again, but this time take the cap off the reservoir and pump away have a good few pumps and check the level, if it goes down a little then the air will be out of the system, while pumping hold the brake pedal to the floor also, if there is still no joy have a look at the connecting rod on the clutch pedal these are pretty naff on almost all fords.

i shall give that a go nathan,and let you know how goes... cheers

i shall give that a go nathan,and let you know how goes... cheers

Im just wondering if you have tried pumping her yet?

what you talking about,the mrs or car lol.going for a spin in the car tomorrow and will let you know.cheers

what you talking about,the mrs or car lol.going for a spin in the car tomorrow and will let you know.cheers

Please yourself ;)

have just been for a 70 mile round trip spin,and the clutch is the same.pressure is good,not leaking fluid anywhere.so im going to have a look at the connecting rod this weekend.failing that,i'll just have to get used to it i suposse.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club