• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Does anyone know when the MyFord Touch system is going to be released in the UK??

Alot of google search pages say it was meant to be introduced late 2012 but obviously there is still no sign of it.
I ask because I really want to get the new Focus ST but I would really like to have the 8 inch touch screen that is standard in the US. The back up camera and current sat nav look really silly on the standard 4 or 5 inch screen. I think they should offer the bigger screen even if the Sync system isn't up to scratch in the UK yet

this video explains it a bit more

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,206 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

My understanding is that it is USA only and will not be a UK accessory....

#3 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

In the USA , they have constant problems , and are not fixing them very quickly.But i agree there is no reason why they can offer the larger screen , it's one of the first things that caught my eye when i first saw the new focus and i though wow that looks good. I joked on an American site about swapping my head lights for the MFT , and the answer i got was , they would be getting the much better deal.lol Lots of youtube videos of the problems.

I have seen a very good replacement , approx 700 , which also works with the steering wheel controls.
I have been looking at a larger screen , but they are like hens teeth to find and i would also have to change the face plate.

Plus side is we get much more than on the American models due to their laws over there , some of the tiny things we have are not included over there.

#4 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Just found an update on this even though its from august last year :P

http://www.techradar...c-in-uk-1094273

Looks like it will be introduced to the UK with the new electric focus. can't imagine it being great in an electric car as surely it uses more power than the smaller screens, there for shortening the vehicles range. probably not a lot though :S

In the USA , they have constant problems , and are not fixing them very quickly.But i agree there is no reason why they can offer the larger screen , it's one of the first things that caught my eye when i first saw the new focus and i though wow that looks good. I joked on an American site about swapping my head lights for the MFT , and the answer i got was , they would be getting the much better deal.lol Lots of youtube videos of the problems.

I have seen a very good replacement , approx 700 , which also works with the steering wheel controls.
I have been looking at a larger screen , but they are like hens teeth to find and i would also have to change the face plate.

Plus side is we get much more than on the American models due to their laws over there , some of the tiny things we have are not included over there.

Fly audio have there own headunit upgrade out which looks pretty smart :)

http://www.flyaudio....oth-system.html
http://www.car-visio...4-ford-navi-dvd

But yeah I read somewhere that they don't require headlight washers and auto levelling sensors for Xenon headlights in the states which would make them a lot easier to retrofit.

Also noticed on this review (6:50)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1sYfXx4f-I
that they get a boot mounted subwoofer with the sony headunit. Most Audi's have a similar set up only Bose or Bang and Olufsen, even in the uk models.#

So much for the 'one ford' global policy

#5 Tacks

Tacks

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1.5 1.8 TDCi

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hi,

Last I'd heard from Ford (which was about a week ago):

- Focus Electric is now 'delayed' (maybe June 2013) - and not guaranteed to ship with 'full Sync' system (it was originally billed as available early 2013 with 'new, revised Sync' system

- Sync in the Focus - well, the ST is as 'good as it gets' for now. The 'Emergency Assistance' option etc. - is available for the regular Focus (it's listed as 'Premiere Speaker Pack' or something) - but cannot be combined with SatNav / Rear camera (hopefully 'later in 2013').

As for the full, US style 'Sync' system (i.e. 8" touch screen, satnav etc.) - Ford said this will probably arrive 2014 in what I'd guess will be the 'New, New' Focus.

Having patiently waited since launch and been told 'soon', 'summer', 'next year', 'next summer' - I finally gave up waiting - and ordered. I'd love to have had the full sync system (if only for the bigger screen for the Sat Nav, and to get rid of button-clutter) - but Ford just keep delaying it.

Annoyingly, other manufactures are catching up now - at one point it really was 50/50 on whether I'd still get a Focus having been kept waiting - a lot of other manufactures are adding Sync equivalent setups (and larger LCD's) to their cars.

Anyway - that's what Ford told me when I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago...

-Tacks

#6 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hey thanks for that, sounds like it could be a while then. Might have to think about other options then.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: myford, touch, sync, focus, fiesta, ford, display

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users