Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Myford Touch / Sync

Haz93

Oh forgot to say use etis.ford.com to varify the unit has came from a car with Navigation you will needs the cars Vin Number

if you scroll down it should say similar as below. the Navigation Data doesn't matter you can pic up a Europe SD card for the us version unit from eBay for around 60-90 GBP

• MFD TFT Touch Screen With Nav
  • Navigation Data - N America/Mexico
  • With Perimeter Anti-Theft
  • With Rear Parking Aid
  • With Front Parking Aid
  • With Automated Parking System
  • Sgl Tun/Sgl CD W/Sdars 5Ch Hd
  • Branded ICP/Mini EFP
  • With 9 Radio Speakers
  • Less Cell Phone Interface System
  • Sync II With Navigation
  • Rear View Camera-Fixed

Hi just a quick update, Compass on My Ford Touch now working.

For this to work I had to attach the system to the MS CAN bus. To do this I removed the instrument panel ie speedo and just behind it is the GPS module for those cars who have emergency Assistance.

Pins 2,3 are the can bus I will upload diagrams etc later.

I customs the cable and took a feed to the My Ford Touch module.

Now all working.

I have a new head unit arriving from the US shortly so looking forward to it arriving as it will add the Nav fuction. And I will put this one on eBay Or sell it privately.

Really happy it's all working.

Cheers.

That's fantastic. Thanks for the links and the pointers really useful.

Attached the MS-CAN Bus connections and the Compass and the GPS location is now working

IMAG0310.jpg

lol that's quality. come do mine!

Hi James,

I would give you a hand but Kent is a little too far from Scotland. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just receaved the New Screen and Sync Unit that has the Nav function fitted the unit and also the SD Card and Phono Conenctions and usb etc.

IMAG0361.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just helping another guy convert his Focus to MFT looking forward to seeing some pic's from him

Top job Alan, I applaud you for your excellent work in completing this install. :)

Hi Paul, Thanks!

Just helping a new member with retrofitting MFT to his focus. Trying to persuade him to post up his pics etc. Looking forward to seeing how it's done etc.

Hi Paul, Thanks!

Just helping a new member with retrofitting MFT to his focus. Trying to persuade him to post up his pics etc. Looking forward to seeing how it's done etc.

Wish I had the ball's to do this but I'm no good at wiring and whatever else. Im still impressed/massively jealous of it Alan. Looks the bees knees.

How much did it cost you in total? Ever thought about installing it for money? (hint)

Wish I had the ball's to do this but I'm no good at wiring and whatever else. Im still impressed/massively jealous of it Alan. Looks the bees knees.

How much did it cost you in total? Ever thought about installing it for money? (hint)

Thanks a Lot for the comments.

I am just talking another new member through how to rewiring the sync cables etc for the touch screen I have asked him to post pics of the work would be good to see what he had to do to get it fitted etc. the wiring is the same as the Kuga tho so easy.

Parts I got from the US eBay store ie eBay.com and looked for escape ford touch etc as keywords

the unit costs I posted earlier but averaged arround 500-600 pounds but that gives me sat nav as well..

getting the riht head unit is the tricky bit as I now have two. one with nav and one without.

you need to get the VIN number for the donor car the MFT is from and enter it into etis.ford.com and check if it has nav and park assist etc or it wont display any of the info etc on the screen.for park assist and/or amy not have nav.

and then get the plastic dash parts that hold the screen and then re-wire it .

took me a week between work and a lot of reading and finding my feet to get it right.

I am sure I could help you do fit it. all in the name of fun or course. so no money,

just your location is a bit far. as I have the kids at the weekend and run my own IT company all the rest of the time lol.

but I am thinking about putting up a youtube channel with videos etc to help.

let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

A

• Like 1

Can you retrofit navigation to an existing MFT unit?

Thanks a Lot for the comments.

I am just talking another new member through how to rewiring the sync cables etc for the touch screen I have asked him to post pics of the work would be good to see what he had to do to get it fitted etc. the wiring is the same as the Kuga tho so easy.

Parts I got from the US Ebay store ie ebay.com and looked for escape ford touch etc as keywords

the unit costs I posted earlier but averaged arround 500-600 pounds but that gives me sat nav as well..

getting the riht head unit is the tricky bit as I now have two. one with nav and one without.

you need to get the VIN number for the donor car the MFT is from and enter it into etis.ford.com and check if it has nav and park assist etc or it wont display any of the info etc on the screen.for park assist and/or amy not have nav.

and then get the plastic dash parts that hold the screen and then re-wire it .

took me a week between work and a lot of reading and finding my feet to get it right.

I am sure I could help you do fit it. all in the name of fun or course. so no money,

just your location is a bit far. as I have the kids at the weekend and run my own IT company all the rest of the time lol.

but I am thinking about putting up a youtube channel with videos etc to help.

let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

A

Jesus, I didn't think it'd be that expensive. I was thinking about £300 tops! Im considering an adroid based system but I'm not sure yet. Maybe when I've paid my holiday off and Im a bit more flush!

Are there any down sides to the MFT? Have you lost anything like DAB or anything?

Unfortunately not stoney, the nav option has to be part of the car build. And can't be added later although that said there are a few aftermarket solutions in the USA.

Cheers

Alan

Yeah Dab is gone but to be honest I never miss it.

So

no dab

heating controls on mft are reversed.

Parking sensors don't display but it beeps!

That's it apart from that its awesome. Pro's outweigh the con's

It has cost me a good but as the extras I purchased so half of that is not needed but with the mft available in the UK I am sure somewhere there us a smashed focus or mondeo. Ready for me to get a UK unit the wiring is the same. Would be easier to wait until then as you would still have dab etc.

Pity :(

I was hoping it was just a plug in module.

I assume it's all integrated into the radio unit then?

What are the aftermarket solutions? Anything that is compatible with Uk spec MFT and with European mapping availability?

Honestly no idea, there all from china and I wanted the factory fit look and feel. But if you get your hands on a MFT from a uk spec mondeo or focus etc then you will have DAB etc. you also need the cd unit to match the sync screen and module etc.

But honestly I'll wait until there more wide spread and then change mine for the uk one.

the MFT is out in the new Cmax etc.

Alan,

I just install the MFT on my Focus as your guideline. MFT is power up and steering wheel volume button is working well. I still have some features not working like Voice command button and phone sync connect as well.

Of course compass is not working as well due to I have not found GPS module for getting MS Can.

I will try to find the way to upload some pictures.

I still use the original CD unit. No problem with this CD. Do I need to replace the US CD unit came with MFT screen.

• Like 1

Hi An,

Voice Command should be working when you connected the Volume controls., Just to clarify the location of the voice command button, is it on the upper controls or the lower controls ie like the cruse controls.

the wiring is different for both.

I found that the sound for the bluetooth Hands free didn't work with the original ACM/CD unit. that I had with the car and had to use the one that came with the MFT but then found that it didn't drive all my Speakers. as it wasn't the sony system after a bit of research found I needed the ACM with the part number CJ5T-19C107-DE for everything to work properly ie all 9 Speakers and bluetooth etc.

I have attached two pics of the different head units the one I had to order as it has the Large Heat Sink up one side.

the GPSM Module is located behind the Speedo on a right hand Drive focus or on the right behind the airbag unit on a left hand drive car. I have emailed the pics to you for this.

The Phone wont allow you to sync/ Pair to the MFT as the MFt thinks that the car is in motion and needs the MS CAN Bus connected before it knows that the car is stationary.

for this I connected the MFt to the MSCAN Bus leads from the GPSM to the MFT Unit.

I have some pics here that you sent me to my email I will attach them for you.

post-63663-0-56351200-1432594875_thumb.j

post-63663-0-39819000-1432594876_thumb.j

post-63663-0-04186000-1432594877_thumb.j

post-63663-0-88141200-1432594877_thumb.j

post-63663-0-38118400-1432594878_thumb.j

post-63663-0-86455300-1432594933_thumb.j

post-63663-0-70093700-1432594936_thumb.j

Just a little Update I was able to resolve the revered heater controls. by using FoCCCus and my ELM adaptor. This resolved the issue.

only bug bear I am currently working on is i need a US rear view camera. from a Escape in order to resolve the rear parking sensors. not displaying.
The error I have on forscan is
===DTC C1001:01===
Code: C1001 - Vision System Camera
Additional Fault Symptom:
- General Electrical Failure
Once I complete the retro fit I can clear the fault and test but I beleave that this will fix the sensors not displaying and give me the reversing camera.

• 9 months later...

Order a UK Head Unit from a 2015 Mondeo and will get it swapped out tomorrow. at a cost of 450 GBP it wasn't cheep!

and it has Nav already, Hoping the park sensors display properly tho.

seen one before on eBay for 250gbp,  form a focus but the heating controls arn't on the Sync 2 screen on the focus! so you can't control them via the screen or use voice commands by the look of it.

Also Fitted Dual DRL and Indicators to my kuga in the black plastic bit below the head lights! looks good will get some pic's added shortly.!

I paid extra for the Premium nav and sony speaker system.

The sound is not as good as my previous sony head unit in my 13 plate titanium x

Iam not happy buy hey ho

Jamie

On 3/21/2016 at 5:47 PM, alan2150uk said:

Order a UK Head Unit from a 2015 Mondeo and will get it swapped out tomorrow. at a cost of 450 GBP it wasn't cheep!

and it has Nav already, Hoping the park sensors display properly tho.

seen one before on ebay for 250gbp,  form a focus but the heating controls arn't on the Sync 2 screen on the focus! so you can't control them via the screen or use voice commands by the look of it.

Also Fitted Dual DRL and Indicators to my kuga in the black plastic bit below the head lights! looks good will get some pic's added shortly.!

the heating controls are on my screen (sync 2) 2016 focus ST3

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, james_60 said:

I paid extra for the Premium nav and sony speaker system.

The sound is not as good as my previous sony head unit in my 13 plate titanium x

Iam not happy buy hey ho

Jamie

Mine sounds better imo. Depends how you like your music though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club