Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Ford Focus Gear Knob

JamesMalin

I tried getting this off earlier but failed....my hands were cold from clearing lots of snow but still no excuse!

Does anyone know off hand how it comes off as it didn't seem to screw off or pull off.

It's a bit tatty and just want to upgrade it to a new one since i've just got new gaiters for the Gear Knob and Hand Brake.

If there are any other good small & cheap upgrades i can do for the MK1 Focus feel free to post also.

Many thanks

it does just unscrew if its the ford one may need a pull up at the same time on my old mk1 i replaced it with this

post-8800-0-76819000-1360597179_thumb.jp

Bit of brute strength required then i guess! I shall not be beaten by a gear knob.....AGAIN!

May i ask what gear knob that is?

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I just got a custom gear knob for mine too. Unscrewed easily, attached new gear knob, however it sits higher leaving about an inch gap between gaiter and gear knob. Anyone have this issue or a solution?!...

Cheers,

You may have to hunt out a custom gaiter as well or see if you can find a sleeve to fill the gap.

Hey,

Yea I have ordered a custom gaiter for both gear and handbrake as well, they are yet to come. I do fear that this issue may still arise. Worse case I guess I could use a cable tie on the under side or some sort of clip...

A cable tie is definitely an option to put a support ring in for the collar of the gaiter.

I'd use a couple so one would support the other and avoid slipping.

Yea that's what I was thinking... I'll look at it once the new gaiter comes... Cheers buddy :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club