Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Lower Fiesta Zetec S Mk6?

Chaz Malcolm

Alright!

Was wondering if anyone has lowered their mk6 zetec-s?

Any feedback on it?

I previously had a EP2 Honda Civic and lowered it 40mm all round... Was scraping on everything and driving me crazy.

Ideally I would like to lower the zetec-s but if it is going to bump and grand on every bump etc I don't think I will bother.

Or is there any alternatives etc that i am unaware of?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Chaz.

Haven't lowered my mk6 fiesta, they can go lower than standard, the only thing I'd say from experience lowering a mk4 golf is check whether drop links are required for the anti rollbar as I didn't on the golf and bent the front a.r.b a treat when it kept hitting the drive shaft, which caused all sorts of lovely noises! Also check the suspension bushes peridicaly as when they go above horizontal they start to wear quicker, which was falgged up on one of the golfs mot's. Also check with your insurers if they cover mods and to what degree, and tell them if you do lower it as if you have an accident and they discover the car has been modified and you haven't told them, they won't pay out!

Other than that, happy lowering!

I think I am going to pass on lowering it haha. Can't be bothered with the hassle.

Cheers though!

You can do a reasonable amount without doing much other than changing springs, probably 30 - 35mm at a guess.

All I did to my civic was change the springs and it was constantly grinding etc so don't want to do the same thing to the fiesta.

Thanks anyways.

I was told a story, not sure whether it's true or not, that a chap with Nissan Qashqai (or Nissan Squishy as I call it!) simply took the springs out an ran on the bump stops, which would have been uncomfortable at best!

• 5 months later...

Alright!

Was wondering if anyone has lowered their mk6 zetec-s?

Any feedback on it?

I previously had a EP2 Honda Civic and lowered it 40mm all round... Was scraping on everything and driving me crazy.

Ideally I would like to lower the zetec-s but if it is going to bump and grand on every bump etc I don't think I will bother.

Or is there any alternatives etc that i am unaware of?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Chaz.

I've lowered my zetec s to 35mm and it looks really

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club