Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After Market Sat Nav

samtwilliams

Hi All,

New year so hello to everyone,

Seen many posts/discussions regarding after market sat navs but nothing conclusive,

I'm look at this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DVD-Player-GPS-Navigation-System-for-FORD-Mondeo-FOCUS-C-MAX-S-MAX-KUGA-GALAXY-/230888938022?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35c20d9a26

What does everyone think has anyone got one? or suggest better for similar price? (I have a 10 plate mondeo)

Answers on a postcard :)

Thanks

Sam

Looks alright, but the screen loaded screwey and I couldn't see what the page was meant to look like, but the product looks good!

It looks decent, though I'm always sceptical of after-market stuff that promises everything for less than the sum of it's parts by far :P

Yer I did think that, has anyone had/got one of these or suggest a better alternative? I have t got hundreds to spend though :(

if you dont have hundreds, I would suggest that if you dont trust the likes of that with WIndows CE, you buy yourself a reasonable tablet, and put any DVD's etc onto a USB PEN and play them through that, if you get one with GPS, you can run something like NAV FREE to be your sat nav... If I get bored, I just stick a couple of credit card's or loyalty cards in the slot between the stereo and the housing, and sit the nexus on that resting against the stereo.

If I want music, I bluetooth it over to the car Speakers, I then have a 7" sat nav, with Media Player, Games Player and Internet access tethered to my phones WiFi...

Easy....

I got my tablet free with a contract phone, so I didnt pay a peny for it, but you can pick one up (Nexus 7) reasonably cheaply (mate got one for £80 after a load of deals) or you can get them online for between £100 - £150 for the 16GB variant.

I have a Galaxy Tab II which plays videos very nicely, with the sound pushed through the aux connection and the stereo Speakers it's nice to while away lay-by stops and stand-by's between shouts.

I prop it up on the dash with one of these-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7bf4cdc4

Obviously it's not used or mounted while moving but I have also got sat-nav software on it so i have that option (although the screen at 7" is a bit big really)

Edited by Stoney871
Wrong web link

You prop it up with fuses do you Clive? ;)

Although a large screen, you could get a mount for it and use it, its quite handy!

I have this unit and all thou its not top of the range it's very good value for money search for my post and have a read a few members have got this unit now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club