Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.25 Zetec - Poor Mpg

cabbageheid

Hi All. Was looking for some advice from fellow fiesta owners. I've just recently bought a pre-reg 62 plate fiesta, 1.25 Zetec. Been driving it for nearly two weeks now and the MPG is fairly static at about 25-27mpg. The car is mainly used for town driving, but this is still way lower than I would have expected. Any thoughts? Could this be an issue, or just due to factors such as the town driving and cold weather? Cheers in advance, CH.

The cold weather will affect mpg and so will urban driving. I assume after two weeks you don't have many miles on the clock, you need to get a few thousand miles on it to loosen the engine up.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, only a couple of hundred on the clock so hopefully I'll see an improvement over the next few months. What sort of range should I be getting (once its been broken in more and warmer weather etc)? Cheers, CH.

I've recently taken ownership of a 62 plate Fiesta 1.25 Zetec and was wondering the same thing. I assumed because of it being new, the cold weather and - like you - the town driving were all combining to give me my static MPG of 29. I shall be interested to see if this improves with time.

The eco mode rates me 5 out of 5 for shifting and anticipation, and 4 out of 5 for speed. So it can't be that I'm driving it horribly.

How do you get into the eco mode, mine is a 1.25, 12 plate so does this have this feature.

Yours should have it, I think. The manual is pretty useless as its instruction on how to use the system menu to access eco-mode refers you to a page with the menu topography but no mention of eco mode.

On my new fiesta when you press the menu button on the centre console eco mode is the first option. Yours will probably be difference as the system has been changed with the facelift but cycle through your options and it should be there somewhere. My understanding is that your 3 indicators will be represented by flower petals (x petals out of 5) instead of just a straight number.