Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Immobilisers

polyal

why cant i buy a new ( ish ) car without an immobiliser...or why dont they

make an easy fix ( bypass ) for legit owners ...i think car security is getting a

bit ' BIG brother and / or nannified ' and should be left to the punter if he wants it or not

malfunctioning security devices can be a pain in the ar5e and should be optional

the internet is full of people trying to get their ' safe ' cars mobile again ...

TIP : If yours packs up go and find a car thief he'll charge you a lot less than the rip

off main dealers

Rather an immobiliser than going out to find my car missing.

Do you want a return to the days when all someone needed to lift your car was a scaffold bar and a screwdriver?

Not me thank you!

scaffold bar. screwdriver lol they must have bin posh..... how's about a tennis ball n a dessert spoon.........

Do you want a return to the days when all someone needed to lift your car was a scaffold bar and a screwdriver?

Not me thank you!

they can still nick your car with a scaffold bar and 1/2 a screw driver

you please yourself ..if you cant start your car ..then pray some thief will come and start it for you

I WANT THE OPTION...you walk home

Edited by jeebowhite
Removing the starred swearing reference.

No need for the attitude, you can have a discussion on the pros and cons without having to get all worked up about it

Not me thank you!

whats the difference..no car ..or no car....if the damn thing wont start ...get it nicked

No need for the attitude, you can have a discussion on the pros and cons without having to get all worked up about it

i agree 100% ...my original post is an opinion..as far as i am concerned there are no cons

i just want a vehicle with no immobiliser....if the rest of the planet wants the consequences of immobiliser

malfunctions ..so be it

ps i want the vehicle to be under my control

not the vehicle to ( when it decides ) to do what hell it wants.. usually causing immobilisation and disruption

Edited by jeebowhite
Remoived another swearring reference, appreciate the frustration, but we try to maintain full family friendly reading, and dont permit for starred swearing anymore than blatant swear words...

If you are choosing to come to the forum surely to start an argument then it is my responsibility to sell you that it is not welcomed.

This club is for car lovers to discuss their cars and yes there will be differences of opinion but blunt arguing will not be tolerated.

Cool your jets please.

Astra's were the best, just carry a hazard light button with a resistor strapped to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Immobilisers make the thieves move onto the old Renault 5 down the road instead.

I only ended up fitting my own alarm/immobilizer before they became standard. We had too many cars nicked, ragged and trashed before. Never had a problem with an immobilizer on any of the cars I've owned, and at least 30 of those must have had one.

Have to admit, never had a problem with immobilser on any car I have had. I did remember my dad having a sierra and he could use an old fiesta key to get in it.

But like Stoney said, I would rather the car have an immobiliser then to come outside in the morning and having the car disappear.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club