Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slight Problem With My Car Last Night, Misfires/pulling Up

screamer

I got my car MOT's on Monday, they had to top it up with oil to do the emissions test, i had ordered everything to change it this week anyway!, but

I'm out driving down the motorway, i'm about 30 miles into my trip and sitting at about 72mph, and all of a sudden it's like the car misfires and you feel it pulling up for a second then goes back to normal, this happened a few times within a minute

i stopped, opened the bonnet, didn't see anything, even though i didn't know what to look at lol

i started my journey again it did it again a couple of times at about 60mph

I kept going and never felt it again, never felt anything on my homeward journey

I've a 1.4TDCI

You say the MOT centre topped up the oil, check the oil level and see where it is. Did you see any smoke out the back of the car when the misfire occured?

just in from clearing the snow........

also checked the oil, it's at 3/4 full, so it's not overfilled, that was one of the first things i thought of, as i'd been reading up on here about filling it up, but then it goes fuller, something to do with the diesel???

didn't see any smoke

was speaking to a neighbour, he says it could be a coil pack, but it would really need to see a fault code

Won't be a coil pack on a diesel, they don't have them!

Won't be a coil pack on a diesel, they don't have them!

that rules that out then lol

Could be fuel pressure or dirty injectors.

Cheers Nath, anyway easy on which way to check these?

Cheers Nath, anyway easy on which way to check these?

You will need a pressure gauge, if you take the car to the same garage for MOT, services etc i would just ask them to check it out, should save you wasting the time, you could try a good old bottle of Red X that would clean it all out. Im more of a petrol kind of man to be honest so im exhausted on idea's now. Hope you get it sorted.

You will need a pressure gauge, if you take the car to the same garage for MOT, services etc i would just ask them to check it out, should save you wasting the time, you could try a good old bottle of Red X that would clean it all out. Im more of a petrol kind of man to be honest so im exhausted on idea's now. Hope you get it sorted.

no problem, thanks for your help & advice

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club