Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Alec J

Dashboard Compartment

29 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the part number for this lid and compartment. Mine has been glued down and want to replace it.

dont know the part number but i have seen them on ebay for about £20

i modified mine so that the lid would open more and i fitted 12v charging points

mine can house a sat nav or a media player - hold in place by velcro!!!

20140331_193208_zpsdq185uky.jpg

Mad85's solution seems a neat fix.

These are the two parts that get broken by handed use :-

• LID (1519315) about £55
  • CATCH (1545547) about £24

but you'll probably not like the prices.

If the recessed catch is okay and you feel like crafting a replacment hook for the lid it's this shape (excuse the crude ascii art)

=======

||

===

just to confirm, the bin clip still works fine but the hinge repair work recently gave in and will have to repair it again... I think the problem is that I have to leave it parked for 8 hours a day under the sun and the glue does not appreciate that... damn heat!! Anyway, not gonna pay that sort of money for this cheaply made lid. Understand completly whoever decided to just glue it in and forget about it lol