Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Stereo Options

Samsonator

Hi,

Just have a few queries about my stereo (CD 6000)...

I was think the first thing I need to do is get the AUX connection wired into the glove box, but then I've seen there are lots of other options, like adding USB so you can have a more jukebox style option.

I flicked through the manual for the stereo, but it's a bit confusing as to which model has which feature! It says that the head unit can play MP3s off the CD - it does not specify if this is only on particular models, but this seems unlikely? If the CD can play MP3s then that would actually be ok (10 albums on 1 CD is enough for a few journeys!).

Cheers,

S

On my old Focus, I had a 6000cd that did support MP3, but not all do. but you can just choke a CD with all the tracks you can get on to it, and it will play them without issue.

As for the USB option, I think I saw a how to somewhere to installing them, but it can get difficult. I personally would rather opt for an aftermarket unit, they are rather cheap these days in the grand scheme of things, and you can get the likes of USB easily enough!

If your focus is 2007 it may well be a mark 2 facelift like mine. The aux port was certainly supposed to go into the glovebox (there was just a blanking plate there no aux cable installed) I found on eBay the aux cable which just fits in to the quadlock at the back of the stereo.

Personally I didn't want it in the glovebox so I put it on a blanking plate underneath the stereo (next to the heated screen switches)

The cable came with a 3.5mm jack on it which is snipped off and then bought a 3.5mm socket and soldered that on instead so that I didn't have a cable hanging out all the time. I can now plug in any 3.5mm jack to jack cable for any mp3 player etc to use.

It was pretty easy to do but it depends if your stereo can accept it etc.

post-39422-0-15056000-1357140799_thumb.j

Thanks guys - the solution of using the blank switches as JTill says, this seems good - I would quite fancy getting one of those USB boxes too and putting a port down there. I actually like the stock stereo system - I know I could buy a decent one for small change, but this one looks good and obviously suits the car perfectly!

Hmm, I am now less sure what I want to do - just found out that the blue tooth is not installed, even though there are all of the phone buttons on the stereo. I like the sound of the stereo, but it seems to have not quite had 2 features installed - annoying!

Its the misfortune of the model priority... as you have a style, its more towards the entry level focus, as opposed ot the likes of the titanium x... they put less on one, and more on the other, even down to stereo functionality...

I suppose the positive side is that it seems that a few of the features are available on this stereo, but you just have to do a bit of DIY (or pay the garage). In fact I am quite happy to have a couple of little projects to improve things! AUX input is first on the list, so I will get that one out of the way first.

Most guides give you instructions for the glove box, but I want to put the plug on one of the blank buttons on the centre console (e.g. next to the rear windscreen heater button). Before I take everything apart - is it easy enough to pop one of the blank ones out and to create a socket and pop back in or is that an area that's hard to work with?

Cheers,

S

It's a doddle, remove the radio and the radio fascia (make sure you have your radio code first) and undo the two screws holding the switch panel in place.

Pull the panel forward so as not to strain the connections.

The button blanks have small lugs holding them in place.

I just amended the title... the spelling error weirdly was driving me bonkers :P Fodus to Focus :)

Darn OCD

Thanks, it was annoying me too but I couldn't seem to change it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club