Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12V

OllyMcC

Does the 12V cigarette lighter output, always stay on, even if the car is off and locked? I was thinking about connecting some LEDs to it, but I've just thought about this. Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks, Olly

Ahh, thanks. :( Next best place to connect? The LED's are for rear footwell lights.

It is permanent live but you can either get it linked to the ignition system or wire in an on/off switch?

Think theres anyway of connecting it to the handbrake switch? handbrake on = LED off/ handbrake off = LED on ?

Ahh, thanks. :( Next best place to connect? The LED's are for rear footwell lights.

Splice in to front footwell lighting

Or

Purchase a piggy back fuse adaptor and plug in to an ignition feed fuse in the dashboard fuse box,

Yeh, i think id like them on with the ignition. So just run a positive leg from the ignition fuse? :wacko: Sorry, I'm new to the whole electrics thing, but willing to give stuff a go! So, piggyback fuse adapter from a fuse that runs when ignition is turned on? do i need a fuse in both the fuse spaces? (both slots on piggyback adapter)? then splice into that, onto the LEDs then an earth?

Yeh, i think id like them on with the ignition. So just run a positive leg from the ignition fuse? :wacko: Sorry, I'm new to the whole electrics thing, but willing to give stuff a go! So, piggyback fuse adapter from a fuse that runs when ignition is turned on? do i need a fuse in both the fuse spaces? (both slots on piggyback adapter)? then splice into that, onto the LEDs then an earth?

100% mate yes.

And to confirm, the piggy back fuse adaptor requires two fuses,

The existing fuse it replaces

And

A fuse to filter power going to the new feed your running from the piggy back.

Also you can splice in to an earth local to the leds

You can also fit a 12v rocker switch to the positive supply to power leds on or off as desired. (Ideal for checkpoints) cops don't like interior lighting lol

Yeh, gotta get a switch in there too. How will i know what fuse to put in the adapter? Do i need to calculate it? :) Thanks!

Yeh, gotta get a switch in there too. How will i know what fuse to put in the adapter? Do i need to calculate it? :) Thanks!

Have a look at the diagram of the fuses in the fuse board,

And find one that becomes active on ignition such as the heater controls.

In Regards to using the correct cable for the job etc.

I highly recommend you log on to AutoStar and speak to dave,

He will advise you on what is required and supply at a fantastic price.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AutoStar-Shop

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club