• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi,

I was just having a look under the bonnet yesturday like i do :wub: , and i saw that the aux belt isnt quite in the middle of the lowest pulley underneath the alternator its slightly squashed up against the edge of the pulley, all others are bang on and the belt isnt fraying or rubbing from what i can see, im going to have a look in a minute to see if i can shift it over one 'V' away from the edge, if i cant does it matter?

Thanks
Nathan.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DieselPig

DieselPig

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Generally no. However... check the inside of the belt for splitting or cutting, some pulleys had a sharp edge on the outside and this can cut into the v of the belt.

The power steering belt on my old Mondeo was breaking up after 5 years so if yours is original its worth checking

#3 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Its a newish belt only just over a month old, i looked yesturday and it is sitting in the grooves alright its just not centred, i will leave it and keep my eye on it, its got plenty of tension so i reckon it will stay, its a pain that they use stretchy belts, they seem to have a habbit or squeeking a little when its cold outside, anyway thanks for a quick response.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users