Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very unresponsive Steering on my 04 Fiesta

Manhattan

Hi,

Ive had my Fiesta for a few years now (04 plate), with only really a clutch replacement (probably my fault) but recently I have been experiencing an issue with my steering.

It seems unusually strange to drive and when I go round corners, especially slow ones, it is very un-responsive. By this I mean that I can turn the wheel aroung quite some way with out much action. am able to go around the corner but its just not what it used to be like.

This is a pain in the !Removed! as its a great little car to drive ( until now). I have checked the fluid levels for the power steering which seems fine.

There is a slight noise when turning the wheel ( a kind of whirring noise) which I think is part of the issue. However I cannot get my head around it.

Does any one have any ideas or advise for me?

Kind Regards,

Manhattan.

Hi,

Ive had my Fiesta for a few years now (04 plate), with only really a clutch replacement (probably my fault) but recently I have been experiencing an issue with my steering.

It seems unusually strange to drive and when I go round corners, especially slow ones, it is very un-responsive. By this I mean that I can turn the wheel aroung quite some way with out much action. am able to go around the corner but its just not what it used to be like.

This is a pain in the !Removed! as its a great little car to drive ( until now). I have checked the fluid levels for the power steering which seems fine.

There is a slight noise when turning the wheel ( a kind of whirring noise) which I think is part of the issue. However I cannot get my head around it.

Does any one have any ideas or advise for me?

Kind Regards,

Manhattan.

Not that I should know, but a few years back i had a company astra and that went the same way whirring noises and hard to turn corners, turned out to be the power steering pump (i think thats what the mechanic said) anyway he put a new one on and it drove like new

Not that I should know, but a few years back i had a company astra and that went the same way whirring noises and hard to turn corners, turned out to be the power steering pump (i think thats what the mechanic said) anyway he put a new one on and it drove like new

I'd go with this, whirring sounds are usually coming from a failing power steering pump.

Thanks peeps, I shall look into getting a new pump, hopefully that will fix it...

The only thing is, it isnt 'hard to steer', I have to turn the wheel 360 to go round easy corners sometimes? ???

hmmm

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club