• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2007

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi there,

When I visit various websites and even read reviews on the Focus, they all point to the Style being available from 2008 even though I've got a 57 reg Style?

Seems a bit confusing as if I take this quote from one site: "Cars from 2008 are offered in a re-structured range featuring Studio, Style, Zetec and Titanium trims - plus all cars get ESP as standard."

That would suggest that any 2008+ Focus has ESP and the Style range was only introduced in 2008. So if I've got a 2007 Style (somehow) do I have ESP?

I expect the question is as confused as I am lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Fastfordman

Fastfordman

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Estate Zetec Navigator
  • Year: 2014

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Your car is either a mk2 or mk2 facelift, as the facelift was introduced around 08 plate although there were some 57 plate face lifts. An easy way to tell which car you have is if your dash lights etc are green it is a pre facelift and if they are red its a face lifted car. If it is facelifted then go one the spec for a 2008 onwards car if not you won't have ESP.

#3 slartibartfast

slartibartfast

slartibartfast

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: phil
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2 2.0 Ghia petrol

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

For the last few months of production, the mk2 pre facelift models also had red dash lights, they started fitting the oval "island" type stereo at the same time. I think it's mk2 models manafactured from march 2007 onwards that changed to red.

#4 Samsonator

Samsonator

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Ok thanks - I realised that I could look up a list of data (and expand it) on the ford site. It says "Less Electronic Stability Control". And I've got red lights!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users