Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

Hedkandi86

Car Not Starting

4 posts in this topic

Helpppp! I wanted to add footwell lights to the front of my car, so I bought all the stuff I required. I've just got the ignition ring light, so I Thought ill test it through the ceiling light, so connected it up by swapping the wires around. As soon as I connected it my car doors locked by it self. Then I went to try it and the ring light stayed lit regardless of me turning the car on, so went to start my engine an now my engine keeps cutting out. All the electrics come on but the car won't start.

And now my car keeps locking itself randomly

Worst case you fried one of the on board computers. Best case you blew a fuse, I would pull each fuse and inspect them. If they are all good then try unhooking your battery for 30 mins and see if that resets the module. Next when you go to put your lights in get a volt meter and test your wires before you connect to them. I would recommend hooking in to your parking light wire

My car has started fine now, I think it's because I swapped the normal ceiling light to a hid light. The car started fine and the ring light was coming on fine and wasn't locking by itself