Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air In The Fuel Lines

Les zetec s

alright people just a quick questions my car is showing fault codes p120f and p0002 which relate to fuel pressure but if i look at the fuel lines after the fuel filter and before the fuel pump there are air bubbles in there is this normal ? if not is their any think common that causes it ?

the car is a 2.0 ltr diesel 59 reg zetec s

cheers if you can help

Air bubbles usually mean the fuel filter is either not seated correctly, the filter seal is leaking or you have damaged fuel lines.

The codes point to the fuel pump though so could be a seal or line damaged there.

so the air bubbles shouldnt be there?

and if the air bubbles are before the pump is that causing it to throw the codes up?

any ideas on the best way to find the leak ?

cheers

Two other people recently on here have had probs after changing the fuel filter when you took the fuel lines off the top of the filter where were the o rings in the connector on the fuel line or sat on top of the filter housing if sat on top of the filter housing you will need to reseat them wthin the connector.see picture the o ring sits below the yellow piece if left on top of filter housing then fuel line is reconnected it does not seal correctly allowing air into the system .

post-29006-0-90284900-1361119730_thumb.j

cheers neil ford changed mine last but i'll have a look

would this cause low fuel pressure warning codes?

cheers agian