Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pollen Filter.

Mike77

Ok guys, so I'm gonna give my car a service tomorrow, the usual oil and filters, but never replaced a pollen filter on this car b4, got the trusty Haynes manual, but reading some of the stories I thought I'd check to see if anyone had any tips as to how to avert disaster lol. Also, I don't really do to many miles, and changed the fuel filter about 6 or 7 months ago,,, so would you change it, or leave it be for a while. I'm not fussed either way, doing it doesn't faze me, just wanted to see if ppl thought it was necessary after such a short period. Cheers in advance.

pollen filter i used a 13mm ratchet and i think 8 or 10mm socket first thing is pull the carpet back then locate the 5 i think it is bolts holding the cover on no need do remove fusebox brackets etc the plastic cover pulls away and youll see the pollen filter just remember how it came out the new one is flexible enough to squeeze back in and replace the bolts if you havent got the space 2 clips drop the fuse box then the ratchet will remove the 13mm nuts x2 this will give better access wouldnt bother with the fuel filter yet

Cheers mate, will let you know how I get on, gonna leave the fuel filter. Need to diagnose a slightly noisy wheel on the aux belt too. Prob one of the idler wheels, think I can see slight play in one when the engine is ticking over, so gonna be getting oily hands sometime soon lol.

I just followed the above instructions to the letter and an hour later had the filter in. Hell of a difference to the A/C and cabin heating in general :)

My ex plod Focus had not had the filter changed since coming into service in 2007!!

Many thanks for the sound advice :D

Fastmedic

Just put mine in too, it won't be getting changed again while I own the car lol, bit of a pig to fit. Don't think it had ever been changed either by the looks of it. oil and filter also done, and air filter too. Tasks for tomoz, are take the idler wheels off and put new bearings in them, can't decide which one is noisy, as sods law it wouldn't make a noise while I was under there, but both have a bit of play in them, so off they come.... Good job I like my car haha.

Mike,

It is a pain of a task, I almost lost the will to live many times!

Sounds like you are on a maintenance roll mate!

Fastmedic

Mike,

It is a pain of a task, I almost lost the will to live many times!

Sounds like you are on a maintenance roll mate!

Fastmedic

Always doing something mate lol. Good clean in & out with a wax when all work done, then it'll rain won't it haha.

Mike,

Rule of thumb in my opinion is that it will always rain when you have just polished your pride and joy.

British weather is never a surprise!

Fastmedic

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club