Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Alloys Choice Confusing??

dp1987

Hi as previously posted on my other thread ive been looking for a mk2 2005/2006 black Focus for less than 4k for the last few months. As other members have already informed me knowing whats on each model is a can of worms as there are so many extras and choices like the 1.6 100hp and 115hp and the climate packs etc.

But the one thing im having the most trouble with is the alloys! there are so many different styles. I only want a ZETEC or TITANIUM petrol 1.6,1.8, or 2.0 model but i have seen 3 diiferent styles of alloys on these 2 models and i dont know which are standed or was there an upgrade choice when buying new?

The only reason i need to know is if i buy a 2.0 model its already expensive insurance and i know with insurance comapanies being cowboys about not having what they refer to as factory standard alloys on then they can invalidate your insurance or not pay out etc..and when i add that they have upgrade alloys on that are 1inch bigger the insurance quotes go up about another £300 a year.

But what are classed as standard factory fit alloys when i see so many different ford styles on the mk2 that could have been part of an upgrade pack when baught new. I know what the 16 inch alloys on most Zetec's look like but i have also seen these on the Titanium. Then i have seen quite a few qith 17 inch alloys on and some Titaniums with totally different again!

Please look at these links to the alloys im referring to that i see on the Zetec's and Titaniums but never on one exact model which is strange: The first link is the one's i see most on Zetec's but also on some Titaniums?? the 2nd link i have also seen on alot of Zetec's and look alot better than the first.

http://www.fordparts...17940_c_259.htm

http://www.fordparts...84604_c_259.htm

http://www.fordparts...22255_c_259.htm

the trend alloys in 16 inch are standard on the zetec and zetec climate the third link are the alloys on the sport model though ive no idea why its a sport as it has nothing sporty on it except the alloys

the trend alloys in 16 inch are standard on the zetec and zetec climate the third link are the alloys on the sport model though ive no idea why its a sport as it has nothing sporty on it except the alloys

well whats the 2nd link alloys then ive seen them quite regular?? and they look alot better. I viewed a 2.0 zetec with the 17's on and was to scared to buy it incase they were not classed as factory standard by the insurance company as im not paying £300 a year more for 1 inch extra lol. ive also seenTitanium models with the Zetec alloys also why is that?

it all depends on what a buyer specified when they bought the car you have a multitude of options as to what alloys you can have so its down to buyer preference theres not a specific alloy to a specific model many ghias have the sport alloy fitted the second looks like the titanium model alloys the only way to find out if they are standard is get the chassis number from the window of the car and go to ford etis website put in the chassis number under the vehicle heading and it will tell you what the car left the factory with

it all depends on what a buyer specified when they bought the car you have a multitude of options as to what alloys you can have so its down to buyer preference theres not a specific alloy to a specific model many ghias have the sport alloy fitted the second looks like the titanium model alloys the only way to find out if they are standard is get the chassis number from the window of the car and go to ford etis website put in the chassis number under the vehicle heading and it will tell you what the car left the factory with

yeh looks like ill have to check using the chassis number to be sure. Im going to view a Titanium tuesday that has the zetec alloys on for some reason lol. thanks for the help!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club