Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moving Over From The Dark Side

angel1368

Hi all i currently have a 07 plate vectra sri 1.8vvt and im looking at changing it for a ford focus 07 ish plate 1.6 tdci 5 door for family, what is best spec to look at with a budget of 5 grand tops and also anything to look out for

many thanks in advance

From personal choice you'd be happier with the 1.8 tdci.

For £5000 you'll be within range of most of the higher spec ones.

Basically with the 1.8 as long as it's been serviced on a regular schedule you'll have no worries at all.

The 1.6 has a dreaded particulate filter on the exhaust and unless you do a load of motorway or A road driving you'll be likely to have problems as it needs a regenerative cycle carried out to avoid clogging with soot and carbon.

Hi and welcome to the forums , for spec wise try searching out a Titanium

hi all thank you so much for all the info and warm welcomes, what does the titanium have that others dont?

depending on the year , it could have auto lights , heated seats , auto washers , maybe half leather , front and rear electric windows with global open/close , sony stereo , rear arm rest , and a few more i can't think of right now