Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

DanGersFord

Squeaking Noise

13 posts in this topic

Drove home the other night with the radio off as you do from time to time and noticed I had a squeaking noise coming from the rear drivers side of the car. I had this problem before and it was the heat shield abouve the back box which had rusted at the bits that connect it to the car and came loose. My local ford garage said it wasnt realy necessary and removed it. Now im guessing it must be another peice of the heatshield thats came loose. Any other ideas as to what it could be?

Is it a squeak or a rattle? A heat shield will cause a rattle.

Ill listen again when I drive it again tonight n let you know

Its a squeaky rattle lol

You sure its not a bushing or similar? I had this on my CMAX on the front, and it was just the dried out bushings that were replaced...

Hadnt thought about that could be possible I suppose

if you can get it up in the air, take a nosey at the joints and the bushings, just rub your finger across it, if it feels dry its quite possibly a contributing factor...

found out what the squeak is yet?

Not yet been too busy with work atm this is our busy period with the cold weather and its been too dark by the time I get in from work im gona jack up the drivers side on Sunday and have a feel around the bushes and have a proper look at the heatshield etc

*Update* Right managed to jack the car up on sunday and the heatshield had been removed as stated so its not that. The joints felt ok did feel dry etc. What i did notice is where my side skirt from my after market bodykit joins onto my car the paint has split right along the joint. I'm thinking the noise could possibly be coming from the side skirt having come slightly loose. Ive only just thought about that there since i looked at it so im going to see tomorrow if my sideskirt feels loose.

Right had a good look/listen tonight. My side skirts are firmy attached mustve just been the paint thats not taken properly at the joint. I can actually hear the squeek when the cars stationary and it seems to be coming from the engine bay drivers side round about the cam belt section possibly the belt?

Probably a tensioner/idler or a bearing then mate

Hmm think i will be getting the warranty book out lol fingers crossed ill be selling it soon anyway. Going to see about getting a focus ST2 on saturday :)