Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Upgrade (Again!)

Peange

Hi all,

I'm trying to retro fit USB to my Fiesta. I've done all the hardware requirements and took it in to Ford for the software. It's been in twice and still not working.

It can see the iPod/USB and all the tracks, but it doesn't play any music. Ford are now arguing they've done everything I asked them to. (I even left a list of the parameters to change, but who knows if they looked at it). It's an iPod Touch 2nd Gen and I've formatted the USB as FAT32.

It seems to me like they've missed something out? Or maybe a faulty BT module?

Going in to argue with the Tech tomorrow so would like to know what the problem could be.

Thanks,

Scott

If I insert a USB stick with MP3 tunes into the USB port it sees the stick but I have to press AUX on the dash to play it.

Nope, doesn't work either. I have the option on the car's menu though

Mine does the same DieselPig, but when I choose a track nothing happens

I don't have an IPod is there some setting in the IPod that must be set or does it automatically sense a USB connection?

Automatic I believe. It's the same story as the USB, I can select a song but nothing happens

The phone works fine, just doesn't play music. The phone worked before ford started playing with it too

I should also say that when I pick a song, the display reverts back to line in. It never shows USB, iPod etc

So to summarise,

In the AUX menu I can see USB, iPod, BT Audio, Line in.

BT phone - works

3.5mm jack - works

USB/iPod - can select select song, but no song plays and display reverts back to line in icon (circle with an arrow pointing at the centre)

BT Audio - Stays on device menu with the option highlighted. No sound and reverts back to line in after it times out.

My local garage are now refusing to take the car back in, saying that they've done everything they can. Most definitely haven't looked at the list of params to change as I took it in today and they hadn't seen it before. Just said "it's done"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club