Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

andyuk7

oil leak

6 posts in this topic

hi i just found ive a oil leak think its coming from the top of the engine could it be the seal that its coming from its a edura engine 1.3

Perhaps the rocker cover gasket? The one that has endura-e written on it

Perhaps the rocker cover gasket? The one that has endura-e written on it

thats it is it easy to remove the rocker cover im looking for a haynes manual to download but i cant find one are the gaskets cheap to buy

thats it is it easy to remove the rocker cover im looking for a haynes manual to download but i cant find one are the gaskets cheap to buy

the rocker cover is probably held in place with around 8 bolts or so. the gasket should be cheap, a local motor factors should be able to supply you with one. just make sure you dont let any dirt get inside the engine once you remove the cover.

Its just 4 screws. One at each corner. Torx 30 a think. You will need to remove the spark plug leads to get access to the one on the left at the back. The gasket might be 'baked on' to the cover. Make sure you scrape it all off or you wont get a good seal when you replace the gasket

Its just 4 screws. One at each corner. Torx 30 a think. You will need to remove the spark plug leads to get access to the one on the left at the back. The gasket might be 'baked on' to the cover. Make sure you scrape it all off or you wont get a good seal when you replace the gasket

cheers m8 ill get it done when i get my oil changed